FJ40 Frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm tearing my 40 down to the frame, and when i lifted the body off a few inches i noiced these 5 blocks welded on the rear the the frame. Have any of you guys ever seen this before? I wanna put a alum. tub on, and i think these will interfear with it.

Also is there any kits i can get to turn my rear semi floating axle into a full floater? If not were can i find a rear FJ40 full floater with disk brakes? Oh yeah its a 1974 FJ40.

Last edited:
Looks like cheap body lift, and yes they will get in the way when you put a new tub on, unless you are doing a body lift. But hopefully yours would look better than that.

There's no body lift in it, i jacked the body up and put wood between the frame and the body. If i lower it, the body hides those blocks? Should i cut them off?

warn used to make a kit to convert the rear end into a full floater but i havent seen one in awhile, i dont think they are made anymore. check with greg bowie at www.gscruiserparts.com he should be able to help, he has 70 series rear ends that can be used in the 40. you just need to move the spring purches maybe an inch, greg is a great guy and very helpfull, i met him up at the cruiser days get together in surrey bc his business shouldnt be to far from you and he can tell you exactly what you need to do. good luck!

I looks like the mounts on the rear sil were removed due to rust or something, and so they put those in to rest the bed of the tub on. I youre getting a new tub, then they will be in the way when you mount it.

-Dustin

BC Cruiser said:
I'm tearing my 40 down to the frame, and when i lifted the body off a few inches i noiced these 5 blocks welded on the rear the the frame. Have any of you guys ever seen this before? I wanna put a alum. tub on, and i think these will interfear with it.

Also is there any kits i can get to turn my rear semi floating axle into a full floater? If not were can i find a rear FJ40 full floater with disk brakes? Oh yeah its a 1974 FJ40.

It looks to me like the rear sill rotted out and sagged so someone put those blocks and a piece of angle iron on to support the rear of the body. Hack em off. You should go and look at one that is still stock to find out what you need when you put a new tub on.

As stated earlier G&S will have full floaters as well as EBI cruiser parts (Mud Guppy). Those guys can be found in the TLCA clubs / Coastal Cruisers section.

Cool thanks guys, I didn't think those were stock. I'll hack those off before i get the frame sandblasted. I'll see if G&S has full floaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom