FJ40 for Sale - Kansas City (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys...figured I would post this here and see if there is any interest as. I originally got it from a TCC member and had it restored up in Mason City.

I'm looking to sell it to recover some garage space. I'm willing to make someone a nice deal on it. Im having trouble attaching pictures but the photobucket link as pics of the restore. I'll try to add a pic.

Shoot me a PM if there is an interest.

From the add
Description: Unique custom performance restoration. Owner retains excellent photographs of entire frame off restoration. Many parts new . Major upgrades and inprovements. Well equipt with Chevy 350 TBI V8 engine (fresh rebuild) Transmission is a chevy 350 . Rear end is the stock 1973 Toyota . Interior has gray paint, black vinyl upholstery on original front bucket seats and rear bench seat. Front Heater and Plumbing works. Custom dash and instrument cluster. Mechanical gauges for use with the Chevy motor. Chevy Tilt Steering Column and Steering wheel -- wiring mated to harness. Metal Tech Family Roll cage that is welded to the frame. Over shoulder seat belts in front and rear (mounted to roll cage) . Aftermarket Stereo System with 4 speakers .

Exterior finished in grey with white top. Frame Stripped, Sand blasted and painted . 1973 Tub is freshly soda blasted, primed and painted. Added hard top and ambulance doors from a 1978 FJ40. Lots of metal work. Front suspension is Spring Over Conversion front and rear with proper shackle reversal finished with New Shackles. Hy Steer Setup from 4x4 labs installed. Rancho 9000 shocks. Rear suspension has New Rear springs : Rear Springs Flipped for a better ride and longer wheel base. Rancho 9000 shocks. Spring Over Conversion front and rear .Also added custom designed front bumper designed for winch and custom rear bumper with hitch and spare tire carrier

New Power Steering Pump. Wilwood Front Disk brakes and Chevy Disk brakes in back. Stainless steel brake lines front and back run through the frame for protection. New fuel cell and sender mounted under tub. Brand New 4 Core Radiator freshly installed. New Starter ,New Alternator andNew Water Pump. Aftermarket Headers and exhaust with glass pack mufflers.

US Wheel 84 Series Black Daytona Wheels (5) . Hankook 305/70/16 Dynapro AT-M tires (5)

Vehicle history: Frame from 1965 Toyota FJ40, Body from 1973 FJ40, motor is a late 70s block that has been rebuilt. State of Kansas required bills of sale on all three major parts (body, frame, engine) and re-tagged truck as an assembled vehicle (2011) with custom make, model and VIN #. Have all documentation from prior bills of sale, Kansas Highway Patrol inspection and Kansas DMV.

Here is a link to the full (or most of) pictures of the restoration.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/haw...m/library/FJ40

These pictures are a bit older so here is a list of stuff that is different
than in these pictures.

1) Rear doors don't appear to lineup in a few pictures but that was
corrected and they are straight
2) Swapped tranny from SM465 to a TH350 and redid the shifter Can get a
pic if you want but it looks pretty good.
3) Arm rest and cupholder have been added between the two front seats. Can
also get a pic as well.

Full disclosure on a few items that I was going to tackle at some point.
None of them are major I just didn't have the time yet or the desire
really.

1) Original front seat covers are in poor condition. Didn't feel like
replacing them yet so I used the covers shown.
2) Last summer in the 15 plus days of 100+ degree heat, the vinyl on the
underside of the roof started to come off. I ripped it all off with the
idea next time the top was off, I planned to get it sanded and just painted
white to match the topside. Doesnt look pretty right now since the glue
residue still shows.
3) Planned to replace Chevy steering wheel with an aftermarket one.
4) Drivers side defrost hose needs to be hooked up. My hand is too big to
fit up in there. Pain in the rear but I figured having the the defrost
wasn't a huge deal since I don't drive it much in the winter.
5) Front bumper is set up to hold a winch and there is a room in the
existing electrical to accomodate.

attempt at attaching pics

3Ff3I43H95L35H55Jcd2ff18134425ccd177b.jpg

188.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom