Wanted FJ40 for restoration project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
blue
Hello all, looking for an FJ40 to do body off total restoration for my long term keeper. Running condition not an issue. Planning on new suspension and interior. Definite body off and repaint. Would prefer as little rust as possible. Must have hard top and doors and glass. I'm open to most years. Located in south MS (Hattiesburg) and would prefer something in Southeast. Thanks for your time.

I know of one that’s perfect, body is ready to paint and off. Message me I’ll get you in touch with the owner he’s in Vegss

The body has all rust removed, all parts are there for hardtop and glass, had a V8 in it, it's ready for next level attention
Here's the owners number - text is better than calling as he has odd work hours 1-413-537-7901 It's a 1976

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

Last edited:
more

359B9CDE-C412-4AF9-BE4E-4CCFEC7A4855.JPG

IMG_1213 1.jpg

IMG_2813.JPG

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

more

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

Budget depends on what it needs. Will pay more for something that has less rust and orig drivetrain, etc. Planning on taking body off and painting and redoing frame and suspension/brakes anyway. Engine rebuild likely also going to happen.

If you're looking for a "keeper" Why not start with a keeper. You can spend $20K on a truck that needs everything and then shell out $50K or more and months or years of your precious time doing a body off restoration. Why not just buy something that is done or a beautiful survivor that needs very little and start enjoying it immediately?

Last edited:
If you're looking for a "keeper" Why not start with a keeper. You can spend $20K on a truck that needs everything and then shell out $50K or more and months or years of your precious time doing a body off restoration. Why not just buy something that is done or a beautiful survivor that needs very little and start enjoying it immediately?

Honestly the work is my favorite part. The driving is enjoying what i've done. Taking everything apart and doing it right and knowing exactly how it was done. And when something breaks I will know exactly how to fix it. And showing my 13 yo how to do these things along the way.

That's the right answer in my book. I totally get that. I was just wondering. If your going to do, it I would suggest an 81, 82 or 83 with power steering. It will be worth a small fortune when you're done and these are among the best driving FJ40's Toyota ever produced.

Last edited:
That's the right answer in my book. I totally get that. I was just wondering. If your going to do, it I would suggest an 81, 82 or 83 with power steering. It will be worth a small fortune when you're done and these are among the best driving FJ40's Toyota ever produced.
Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind.

Whoa! Nice work on the spring green one.

Thanks for the input everyone! I was able to find one and I’m excited about the restoration. WIll post a thread once I make some good progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom