Wanted FJ40 Fire Wall Hand Throttle Bracket as seen below (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking for the below hand throttle bracket that mounts on the FJ40's fire wall, just above the gas pedal.

Hand Throttle underdash bracket 1.JPG

Or, if someone would let me borrow theirs so I can make a copy.

TIA

I'm looking for the below hand throttle bracket that mounts on the FJ40's fire wall, just above the gas pedal.

View attachment 2159595

Or, if someone would let me borrow theirs so I can make a copy.

TIA

DSCN1055.JPG
DSCN1056.JPG
DSCN1057.JPG

Please elaborate and define borrowing someone's NOS ..........

🤣

Oh, it's NOS? Well in that case, I see it as the same thing as letting someone borrow a piece of chewing gum! :flipoff2:

when i send it you way i will include a few of my Reproduction

90170-11002-R control cable nuts too ..... :)

do u need the under-dash black bracket too to clone ? D-Groove hole

DSCN1058.JPG
DSCN1059.JPG
DSCN1060.JPG

Thanks Bud! But only the fire wall bracket would be necessary for copying. I fabbed up the dash bracket last night, and it even has a (dremeled out) D hole.

IMG_5943.jpg
IMG_5944.jpg

This hand throttle has the notches in the pull rod. I will remove the spring that goes into the notches so it will not lock itself into an open throttle position.....well, that is my plan.

Last edited:
nice

u can just de-dress the detente clicks a bit for a softer anti-lock and die

approach and crash ..........

I have a few brackets. PM me please if still looking. Plus the upper bracket. Cheers.

Still looking for one of these hand throttle brackets.....anyone, anyone.....

1602468040899.png

I'm still searching for the hand throttle bracket below. (TIA)

1614894069470.png

I have a couple of these both from Australian RHD 40 series. I got the pedal with them because it's the final piece to make them work. Those were for cable not linkage. To add one to my 79 going braze something to make it work. What have people done for this? Are these pedals for LHD available? @ToyotaMatt

A couple that I have from LHD. Top 81 BJ42 and bottom 81 BJ60. Pedal I had with the BJ42 set up was a badly altered gasser pedal -tossed it.

IMG_3815-1.jpeg

I have a couple of these both from Australian RHD 40 series. I got the pedal with them because it's the final piece to make them work. Those were for cable not linkage. To add one to my 79 going braze something to make it work. What have people done for this? Are these pedals for LHD available? @ToyotaMatt
When I put mine in my 40 I rigged an extension to the stock pedal to allow leverage. It was crude but worked.

Improvising. It works. I even have the PTO LHD pedal for linkage, but the ball for the linkage was sitting too close to the header.

20210427_130644.jpg

20210427_130749.jpg

20210427_130804.jpg

If I wanted the bracket, I'd approximately scale the part by tracing its image in a drafting program, then adjust on the truck, with a rough version that can be bent accordingly.

I skipped the bracket, because the arc that the pedal moves has a significant radius, and having the end moveable allows the very end of the cable sheath to not have to bind the inner cable so much against a fixed position that the bracket creates. I wonder if that is why the second cable in post #14 is so kinked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom