FJ40 fiberglass tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FJ40 fiberglass tub and misc. parts

I'm replacing my fiberglass tub with a steel one. It just bothered me too much that it wasn't original, and being my first 40, I want the full effect. Located in Minnesota (Hudson, WI actually, just over the border). I don't want to have to ship it - I don't want to deal with crating and stuff, so either you could pick it up or, depending on where you're located, I could borrow a trailer and drop it off. Pay for gas and I'd be willing to deliver to surrounding states.

So here's the scoop - I don't know how old the tub is. The cruiser it came off of is a 72. I believe its a Malotte - definitely not a Gozzard, as there are no kick vents or heater louvres. All in all its in pretty good shape. Its definitely heavier than the steel tub I just picked up. There are some chips around the door strikers, there were some extra switches added to the dash, so there are some small holes you'd need to fill. The only major cosmetic fault is that it looks like the rear tire carrier on the passenger side at one point ripped away from the tub. It has been patched, and I didn't even notice it until I took the tire carrier off, but its not the best patch job I've ever seen. I will try to take some detailed shots of these blemishes tonight. For now I just have overall shots. The interior is unpainted - still just white gelcoat.

This will be for the tub and transmission hump only - no doors, windshield or hardtop are included. I also need to keep the glovebox door, speedo guage and ash tray since my new tub doesn't have any.I will include all the dash switches that came with it. I have fiberglass fenders in really nice shape too if someone is interested in swapping them for steel ones or buying them with the tub.

I don't know how to price this at all. I know new glass tubs run around $2,000 to $2,500. Let's start with $1,000 and make some offers from there.

email: 72fj40 @ sbcglobal.net

-Tim

IMG_0498.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg
DSCF1141.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

FJ40-5.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

I also have some other miscellaneous parts lying around that I don't need anymore. I'll try to take some pictures of these too.

• front axle housing, sandblasted, waiting for cut & turn (no shock mounts or other tabs)
• stock 3 spd tranny from '72 fj40: $30 + shipping
• F engine harmonic balancer, fan, waterpump, alternator bracket: $25 for all + shipping
• stock tie rod & relay rod with (5) new tie rod ends (sandblasted, painted w/rustoleum): $75 + shipping
• stock rear tire carrier from '72 fj40: $20 + shipping

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom