FJ40 Fendor Flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
"To flare or not to flare"
I have read numerous other posts and most of what I have read has a general consensus "flares are for jeeps". Well I have found what I thought were really nice looking flares and wanted the opinions of FJ40 drivers. I have posted a couple of pics, the FJs are not mine but the vendors.
The other part of this, I have only found them in AU, so shipping will be 4x the cost of the flares, if I chose to purchase them, and I really don't think they are worth that much. If anyone knows where in the US I could find these, please provide a link or vendor. Thanks in advance for eveyones opinion.
One more thing, I will be running the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 33x12.5OR15C2 108Q B link: Ratings, reviews and specifications for Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires

My current tires are right on the edge of the body, the Nitto tires are 2" wider so they will extend past the body by said amoun.
photo.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo3.JPG

Agree. Not bad. Wish they didn't use sideways pocket bolt mounting. Too J**p-like.

Any idea what material? Would suck if they just crack when rubbed/bumped.

no idea

I have no idea what they are made of. I came across them the other day when I was searching ebay.com.au for fj40. The vendor stated he would not ship them, I contacted him and was informed the last quote on shipping to the US he had was $800. I can contact him again about the material, but unless they are platinum I don't see myself spending that much on flares.

Agree. Not bad. Wish they didn't use sideways pocket bolt mounting. Too J**p-like.

Any idea what material? Would suck if they just crack when rubbed/bumped.

I have no idea what they are made of. I came across them the other day when I was searching ebay.com.au for fj40. The vendor stated he would not ship them, I contacted him and was informed the last quote on shipping to the US he had was $800. I can contact him again about the material, but unless they are platinum I don't see myself spending that much on flares.

there fibreglass im pretty sure, they crack fairly easy too i heard but i've never had them personally, but they do look awesome.

Can't remember his user name, but the manufacturer has a thread on here from when he first started making these with a bunch of info on it... I'm sure a little 'Mud searching will find you all the info you want.

Do a search. There's a multiple page thread on those. Someone was trying to do a group by on them. I think the mfgr was in pakistan or something like that.

I'm not a big fan and never had flares until I lived here in the land of Big Brother. Here the cops will get you for anything - it makes California look free and easy.

Now that i have flares on my FJ40, I have grown to like them. If I get to see any of these in person down here I'll let you know. I would consider them for the front of my rig as the tires stick out almost 1/2" and I'm begging for a defect notice. I have Bush Whackers in the rear on mine and now I like them.... I hated to put them on however as I'd always disliked the look.

From the Ebay link above, they sure look like a great way to rust out your front fenders. They would really hold road salt well and that's an area of the fender prone to rust anyway. Having said that, it could be a cheap way to cover rust - kind of like diamond plate for front fenders.

Josh

Last edited:
Looks too much like a new jeep wrangler. Kinda gross. They are slick, but take away from the whole charchter and soul of the creature!

I bought a roll of generic flare material (rubber) from JC Whitney just to get it thru inspection. It works OK, but I don't like the look.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom