FJ40 Fender Skirts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.unemployedfilms.com
FJ40 Inner Fender Skirts

I took my nice condition fenders off for some up-coming wheeling, don't want to dent, scratch, bend them. So I am left with no inner fender skirt. Anyone fab some of these up? I have a 8'x4' 24 gauge sheet to use to make some fender skirts. I would like this to look as nice as possible while serving the purpose of protecting my motor from gravel and mud and trail dirt. I don't need the outer fender just the inner skirt. Thanks.

Last edited:
It bends nicely and it's really only going to be used as a skirt to deflect gravel and mud and water so that stuff stays out of the engine compartment. The first pic is what it'll look like when wheeling because of all the trees I don't want to wreck the fenders. The second pic is with the fender on but the underside is what I am going for, this way the tires will act as a bumper.
IMG_1081.jpg
IMG_2094.jpg

Wont they crumple under extreme flexing I am thinking they are rubber for that reason.

I've got a set of fenders with rust thru on the outer edge above the support chanel. Also have nice aprons. Cut them where you want and run them as your wheeling fenders/inner skirts & aprons. Let me know if interested.

Here is what I fabled up over the weekend. Thanks Lash for the time you took, but your right the shipping most likely would have been ridiculous. These cost me $30 in materials, 1-4x8 24 gauge sheet of steel, 3 cut-off wheels, plus a lot of thought and time. The passenger side looks better, once i got started it went nice and easy.
IMG_2197.jpg
IMG_2191.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg

They look great painted. Something that actually turned out nice for me.:clap:

Now I just need to put the passenger seat in and attach the rear tubed bumper. Anyone have a line on how to fab a good skid plate? I need one for my transfer case, also my oil pan on the SBC. While I'm at it I might as well see who has some good ideas for protecting the diffs. Michigan has some rocks to play on, depending where you are? I'm sure I'll find them and want to play. :cheers:
IMG_2228.jpg
IMG_2258.jpg

Looks sweet, good job

Looks good, that's a nice looking truck you have there:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom