Wanted FJ40 Emission Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

avicenna110

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,

I’m looking for a few emission items for my 1977 FJ40, it’s California car. So far I know I don’t have these:

-charcoal canister
-ABV (sample picture below)
-vacuum surge tank ( sample picture below)
- air (smog) pump ( sample picture below from 78 diagram)
- EGR valve assembly
- hoses connecting the different components

thanks!

1627593715738.png

1627632937601.png

1627641792719.png

Last edited:
I have a few different canisters available. I will see if any match what you need. I may have the other items as well. Will check inventory this evening.

1627600970872.jpeg

I realized I also need the air pump for smog, added it to the list. On a 1977 smog diagram it’s grayed out for some reason and my car doesn’t have one so I missed it.

Are you running the CA spec manifold, catalyst type? Some of the components are market specific. I have all.

See post #8

Seems like the only items I have are the canisters. PM if interested.

20210730_084416.jpg

20210730_084436.jpg

Are you running the CA spec manifold, catalyst type? Some of the components are market specific. I have all.

See post #8

How can I tell if it’s a California spec manifold? And what does catalyst type mean? As in having a catalytic converter?
I’m away from home for a couple of weeks but I took these before the trip:

1627657279842.png

1627657432342.png

1627657545532.png

1627657730351.png

From the pictures above the VSV seems to be California specific. Also I see some sort of heat foldable pipe rising from the bottom, is that where the thermal reactor would have gone? I read in another post that the thermal reactor is not needed in Cali anymore. As you can see the EGR, air pump and ABV are not there anymore so I thought I’d start with those.

I am more likely to be able to help you with a package deal than just as a vendor of last resort after you’ve picked up as many things elsewhere as you can.

That said, I will offer you some free advice: the EGR system you are looking for has nowhere to hook up to on that Chinese carburetor. The OE carburetor has an EGR port.

:cheers:

I am more likely to be able to help you with a package deal than just as a vendor of last resort after you’ve picked up as many things elsewhere as you can.

That said, I will offer you some free advice: the EGR system you are looking for has nowhere to hook up to on that Chinese carburetor. The OE carburetor has an EGR port.

:cheers:
Oh no, one more item to the list🤦‍♂️ Seems that you prefer phones so I’ll call to inquire about the package when I’m back in the states. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom