SOLD FJ40 Early Window Cranks - San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
Picked these up as part of a larger parts sale. I have newer style doors, so no use for them.
$75
IMG_5721.jpg
IMG_5723.jpg
IMG_5724.jpg
IMG_5720.jpg

Bmoon, I'll take those. Let me check out what else you have for sale before shipping.

Looks like they’re going to be sold but I’ll bump this for tech posterity purposes.

The crank arm on the left is from an early ‘63 (so really ‘62 parts most likely), and the crank arm on the right is from a late ‘65. The wheel diameters are roughly the same, and the material appears to be the same, but offset is different. I put the ‘65 crank in my ‘63 door and it worked although the wheel did look like it was dragging on the inner part of the window channel, but it still worked (greased up very well). I haven’t tried the ‘63 crank in the ‘65 door so don’t know if that’s a functional possibility. In other words, I don’t know why they changed the crank arm offset. Maybe to increase durability with the shorter offsets producing less twist on the plastic (?) wheel? I did have to fix my driver’s side crank wheel on the ‘63, it was very wobbly and near complete death after 58 yrs. of ups and downs 😂. Bump tech heist over.
IMG_3119.jpg

I think yours @bmoonhajjar will fit @Mr. Green ’s ‘67. They are the shorter offset cranks which are good for ‘65 so my guess also ‘67. Not sure if/when there’s a change after that. And those are great patina’d cranks that look to be in good shape and fair price, FWTW.

I think yours @bmoonhajjar will fit @Mr. Green ’s ‘67. They are the shorter offset cranks which are good for ‘65 so my guess also ‘67. Not sure if/when there’s a change after that. And those are great patina’d cranks that look to be in good shape and fair price, FWTW.
Thanks for the clarification. Never had to deal with this type of crank before.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll take a look at what I have on my ‘74 to see if these will work. If not rainingagain is next in line can have them. I’ll check tonight. Appreciate the tech info!

Ok so the ones bmoon is selling look exact same as on my 74 so I’m still going to take them. No offset and stamped semi rounded handle vs flat.

Hey Bmoon, must of got messages mixed up. I’ll still take these. Let me shipping so I can pay you. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom