Trade FJ40 early barn doors for tailgate. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like a good possibility. I'm currently looking for options related to a tailgate so I don't sell these doors then end up leaving me unexpected expenses related to getting what I was originally looking for which is a tailgate.

Scott

Do you have a passenger side for sale?
I think I only have pairs but I will try to give a look to see if I have an odd number, in some things I do like I have an extra passenger front door...

Do you still have your doors? I would be interested in purchasing them if so.
I’ve still got them, I was going to make them into a tailgate but I’d be willing to sell and buy a tailgate if you’d like a solid set of doors.

I’ve still got them, I was going to make them into a tailgate but I’d be willing to sell and buy a tailgate if you’d like a solid set of doors.
hi, most likely asked and answered - still got them? i'm interested in them (and the right color as well). i also sent you a DM.

Just saw this here. Someone on Instagram was trying to sell these with your pictures. Be careful out there!

It’s the width of the raised vertical section between each depressed panel.
FJ25-65/40,45? Are narrow. Not sure on change date, I’d have to look it up. This makes the depressed panels wider.
Later tailgates have a wider vertical raised section with smaller side depressed panels.

Been a while John but here is the two styles. One on the left I pulled from a 1962 FJ40 in a wrecking yard. Right one is off a 1971 I pulled from another wrecking yard years earlier.
IMG_1770.JPG

Also note the difference in the hinge hole spacing from the lower edge.

Not around them right now. I think the newer tailgate is overlapping the older one. Believe the gates are interchangeable. Don't remember the hinges being different. Both tailgates came with all the hardware.

Not around them right now. I think the newer tailgate is overlapping the older one. Believe the gates are interchangeable. Don't remember the hinges being different. Both tailgates came with all the hardware.
Ok John, please check that when you can. I might be thinking of an aftermarket tailgate that did not line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom