Wanted FJ40 Drop Down Tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need an FJ40 drop down tailgate. PM if anyone has one. Thanks.

I am still needing a tailgate for my 75. I found one but the tire carrier was set up on the DS and it was olive green. i'd hate to paint it and drill it since it was in great shape. I really need a tailgate with a tire carrier set up on the PS.

At the very least, I could really use the mounting hardware for the tailgate and fab one if need be. Someone has to have one...

Are you selling the green tailgate?

If so the price? I am looking for one for my 75.

Last edited:
IIRC, this one is from a '73. P.O. started r image.jpg image.jpg ust repair but obviously did not finish. Comes with inside chain anchors and one pair of NOS latch hooks. $450. No PMs please. 818-953-9230.

Edit:this tailgate has been sold.

Last edited:
Bump. Anyone got one?

I might.

Where are you located?

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

I might.

Where are you located?

Georg @ Valley Hybrids
I am in Alabama but will be happy to figure out how to get it here if need be.

Are you looking for a tailgate or hardware for a fold down tailgate? You can buy a new aftermarket fold down tailgate if you have the hardware. I have the hardware

Are you looking for a tailgate or hardware for a fold down tailgate? You can buy a new aftermarket fold down tailgate if you have the hardware. I have the hardware
PM sent.

Bump. I still need a tailgate and hardware.

Bump

Someone has to have a tailgate out there that is a reasonable price. I have perfect barn doors, ambi doors that need some work, and a bolt on tailgate I'd even be willing to trade.

Bump

When you say reasonable. Is 500 not reasonable? Real Steel Cruiser parts make reproductions that are really nice.
$500 is reasonable and I may end up doing that. I've looked at them but I'd end up needing hardware and all. I have a separate thread trying to find hardware but am striking out there as well.

I have heard of guys who weld the two-piece tailgate together, not sure if that is an option.....You would still need to spend $$ on the cheap two-piece items + fabrication + brackets & hardware.

I had a 63 FST with one-piece tailgate, it looked and performed like it should and I am not sure why Toyota ditched the idea.

Good luck with your search.

MF

I have heard of guys who weld the two-piece tailgate together, not sure if that is an option.....You would still need to spend $$ on the cheap two-piece items + fabrication + brackets & hardware.

I had a 63 FST with one-piece tailgate, it looked and performed like it should and I am not sure why Toyota ditched the idea.

Good luck with your search.

MF
Yea. I have two barn doors but by the time I welded them and got it right and drilled the body and filled in the original holes I thought it best to continue the search. I got all the hardware today. In fact the chains still have the original sleeves to keep them from rattling.

So my options now are a Real Steel one or find one. I am going to keep trying to find an original and hope for the best. I've always been a fan of the tailgate on a soft top, I have it all but the tailgate now.

Still looking...

I have a tailgate that I was keeping for a spare. I have some of the hardware it's in better shape than most, real solid. Little rust through on bottom, not much. It's been sandblasted and powder coated so what you see is what you get. where do you want pics sent to?
Rick

Also, Not sure where in Alabama you are but I'm a little south of Nashville. If your close enough to pick it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom