FJ40 doors question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes they will fit as long as not real early with bug catcher vent windows. Those most likely would be too tall. The point where the door limit attaches in further out on the pre 75 doors. That may be an issue on the 75+ limiter. And require some adjustment. The catch on the B pillar is wrong as well. Have read people use the top and bottom ambulance door catch on the pre 75 doors. I have only added later doors to earlier 40s. My 68 has had 79 doors since 1983. If I decide to go back closer too stock on the 68 will install earlier doors again. On washboard roads the 75+ doors rattle far less. That is the reason I switched them in the first place.

Newbie Q2 bug catcher vents? These doors do have vent windows. I will not be using a hardtop, but a factory soft top.

Sorry for the dumb questions…..

The early to 1965 doors have vent window that hinged on the back and opened out at the front. Design would scoop the air and push it toward the driver's and passenger's faces. The 65 on pivoted in the middle and back half opened out. Bug catcher have a knob on the front edge half way up. The later use a latch on the bottom towards the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom