For Sale FJ40 Door stop repair hoop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys ,
I am restoring a 76 FJ40 and my door stops are toast.
I saw you can buy a kit with 2 Hoop and 2 pins for $75.00
Im thinking of making some. Mine would be $25.00 minus the pins which you can get at the Hardware store.
Would any on be interested?
IMG_1191.jpeg

I'd be interested! Put me down as interested in two sets. Would love to see some pictures of the actual result...

I’m interested... will watch the thread for more info

I have samples and just installed on my FJ40
I found Stainless 5/15" clevis pins at Ace Hardware. Pricy but very hard. I have Gound and smoothed the areas that make contact and bead Blasted to make for a smoother operation. This could be even polished more if you want silky smooth performance.
I will have 20 pairs available at $25.00 per pair. I am woking on Nylon washers for the door pin. I should have sample by next week. Here are a couple of images,
UpDate.
I have 20 pairs available @ $25.00 per pair plus $5.00 shipping or $30.00 per pair with 4 Nylon spacers. plus $5.00 shipping
You can get Stainless Steel Clevis pins at Ace Hardware.
Let me know
Thanks Bic

IMG_1256.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you thought about adding an extra stop? Just thinking since you are building from scratch, but a third one just before closed might be nice...

Either way, I want a set or two for sure!

@406mud Here is a quick sketch. This would add a third detente for the door to hold open at a 1/2 open position. Right now it is more like a 3/4 and then full open. It might be useful for when you are in tight spaces and don't want the door to swing too wide.

door-stop.jpg

@406mud Here is a quick sketch. This would add a third detente for the door to hold open at a 1/2 open position. Right now it is more like a 3/4 and then full open. It might be useful for when you are in tight spaces and don't want the door to swing too wide.

View attachment 2493714
Ok that might work. Mine is pretty close to that. Are you going to order a set? I’ll get shipping tomorrow. You should try it. Or call me tomorrow maybe we can face time and I’ll show you. 406 551 0827. MT s time

I'd like two sets either way. Original stops or the extra stop would be cool with me... I may have some time tomorrow, but not sure exactly when yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom