FJ40 door hinge bushings - brass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a rattling spare tire carrier (‘74 passenger side). Anyone have replacement bushings for that?

Bump...still plenty of bushings available. If you need pins, they are available from Amazon for about $15.

Bump...still plenty of bushings available. If you need pins, they are available from Amazon for about $15.

Besides having a few worn sets I just remove a set of hinges off my 73 FST that's been off the road for over thirty years. The PO installed a hard top and hard doors. Installed new OEM hinges at that time (never painted). Just removed the hinges to us on another cruiser. While show no signs of wear I know with a little use the nylon bushings will quickly crumble from years of being in the desert.

Are these sets still available?

Alex usually have extras all the time. Last time I needed a set I sent him money through PayPal and the bushing showed up on my door few days later.

Ok, I pm’d him a few weeks ago but haven’t heard back. Wasn’t sure if I should just send the PayPal or wait.

It will just go ahead and send him PayPal. Make sure you have your address there. I know he make this for little extra money and to help people like you and me needing something better Than the plastic ones. I don’t think he is pretty active in here but you will get you set. Alex has been making these for years

PayPal was sent and I got the bushings. FYI for anyone else.

I’m here. I have plenty of bushings. If you paid in the last couple of days your bushings are going out tomorrow. You can email me at cruiserbits @ gmail and I will get right back to you. If you send a PayPal definitely make sure your shipping address is correct, thanks @CHUOX17A !

I got a set of these bushings and they are not close to fitting.
78 doors and hinges

Do I just have the incompatible year truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom