FJ40 DIY Front floor mat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 71 and would love to have the mats that go all the way across hump in one piece but they are so darn expensive. Anyone diy them? I don’t mind the work. Just can’t think of a good way or material they could be formed to the truck. Thanks in advance.
T

I just used some outdoor carpet from Home Depot. Cost about 20$. Water and stain resistant. If I had my L ruler at the time the cuts would have been cleaner but it gets the job done! Has a nice factory look to it.

@rkymtnflyfisher @Shark56
Did the rubber mats make much or a impact on sound and heat? I just rebuilt my 2F and have been driving the crap out of the 40. The sound and heat are starting to get to me a bit. I have no head liner no mats and no door cards so it’s about as loud and hot as it could be:)

If you guys saw some improvement with mats I may go that direction for the short term atleast.

@Bluegrass40 maybe a little reduction in heat coming from the exhaust system, nothing that I would say really noticable overall. I'd say my feet stay a little cooler until I rest my right foot against the tranny cover.

@rkymtnflyfisher @Shark56
Did the rubber mats make much or a impact on sound and heat? I just rebuilt my 2F and have been driving the crap out of the 40. The sound and heat are starting to get to me a bit. I have no head liner no mats and no door cards so it’s about as loud and hot as it could be:)

If you guys saw some improvement with mats I may go that direction for the short term atleast.

I have not noticed much difference..maybe a little.

Every layer and every hole plugged makes a difference.

On my Pig I layed down Lizard Skin in the engine bay and under the floors.

Inside it got Dynamat everywhere.

Then I added a layer of Thinsulate and then rubber mats on top of the thinsulate.

Unreal the difference in noise and heat

Right now I’m cleaning the underside of my 40 to spray Lizard Skin. I’ll pull my tranny cover and spray the underside of it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom