FJ40 cup holders for factory console. Steel. Made in USA. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corleykj

Jack of some, definately master of none.
Threads
I have been asked to bust out some more FJ40 cupholders for a few of you on here. I am going to be doing some engraving of some graphics I am working on and leaving some bare metal and others will be painted. I will have an exact price soon, but probably $50.
They will be similar to these. If you have suggestions for design changes or features you want let me know as I haven't made the full batch yet, just a couple test cuts. Thanks MUD.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 5.17.35 PM.png

I’ll buy one. Stock silver-ish color. No engraving needed. The closer the cup holders can be to the console, the better. I think my shifter cane will hit a big gulp cup if the holders are too far forward.

I’ll buy one. Stock silver-ish color. No engraving needed. The closer the cup holders can be to the console, the better. I think my shifter cane will hit a big gulp cup if the holders are too far forward.
Thanks for your interest. I will keep you in the loop of these. Last time I offered them painted in black, but I can check on color matching to factory and the cost of that. Based on people’s comments I think I will be producing these this week and ready to ship soon. Still unsure of shipping costs, so I need to do a little research first.

Can you offer them in bare metal as well? I'll take one if you do. Thanks.

Just a quick vouch for Corleykj and these cupholders... i have a few of these in my 79+ cruisers after a couple back a forths with him refining design/fit for later style tub. Easy install and really functional... responsive seller.

My only constructive design thought would be to somehow stiffen them up at the bends because bumps can cause a bit of flex. I expect this happens less on the early tub style where there's just one bend in the piece vs for late tubs where there's an additional rearward bend at the bottom to allow bolting down flat to the tub.

Not a reason not to buy - just a potential way to make good product even better! (again, probably only valid for later style tub models)

edit - added pic to show late tub model... fits with stock center console installed (but not shown in pic)

20201129_103421.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick vouch for Corleykj and these cupholders... i have a few of these in my 79+ cruisers after a couple back a forths with him refining design/fit for later style tub. Easy install and really functional... responsive seller.

My only constructive design thought would be to somehow stiffen them up at the bends because bumps can cause a bit of flex. I expect this happens less on the early tub style where there's just one bend in the piece vs for late tubs where there's an additional rearward bend at the bottom to allow bolting down flat to the tub.

Not a reason not to buy - just a potential way to make good product even better! (again, probably only valid for later style tub models)

edit - added pic to show late tub model... fits with stock center console installed (but not shown in pic)

View attachment 2509831
Eric
Since the flex would only happen when the metal was ‘torqued’ by having a drink in the holder, and sine there is a convenient gap between the two holders, wouldn’t a simple block of wood that reached to the floor fix the’issue’?

Eric
Since the flex would only happen when the metal was ‘torqued’ by having a drink in the holder, and sine there is a convenient gap between the two holders, wouldn’t a simple block of wood that reached to the floor fix the’issue’?

good idea... they actually vibrate some when unloaded (like with keys or change or sunglasses in there) so that's part of what I was thinking as well - I'll try something underneath to add some tensioned support.

Again, I wholeheartedly endorse these - it's great to have cup holders in a 40!

good idea... they actually vibrate some when unloaded (like with keys or change or sunglasses in there) so that's part of what I was thinking as well - I'll try something underneath to add some tensioned support.

Again, I wholeheartedly endorse these - it's great to have cup holders in a 40!

Agreed. I bought a dual cup holder bracket from @FJ60Seth probably two years ago, but haven’t gotten around to installing it yet. :d’oh: I like the design of this one better, but would definitely have to consider a brace for my app as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on a support underneath and try to address some shifter concerns. Hopefully I have a good version to offer this next week. Thanks for the support MUD!

I worked on a couple different cut outs today and yesterday. I will try getting one installed, tested and pictures posted for your feedback. Thanks MUD.

Very cool! I love the extra 12v.

I'm sure you can do better than this on price, but if anyone can't wait: SeaSucker.com. They have other configs (horiz and angled) as well as camera mounts. This wouldn't work with the factory floor mat, obviously.

1616697223552.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom