FJ40 Cowl Vent/Damper Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing a complete new paint job (original colors) and it makes sense to replace old cracked rubber gaskets and weatherstripping. I have relied on Specter (SOR) for OEM and Aftermarket parts with good success over the years. Only aftermarket gaskets are available for 1969 (pre 3/69 production) model. Has anyone had good or bad experience with City Racer LLC as a parts supplier? They offer the gasket at a substantial discount over other FJ40 parts suppliers.

I am doing a complete new paint job (original colors) and it makes sense to replace old cracked rubber gaskets and weatherstripping. I have relied on Specter (SOR) for OEM and Aftermarket parts with good success over the years. Only aftermarket gaskets are available for 1969 (pre 3/69 production) model. Has anyone had good or bad experience with City Racer LLC as a parts supplier? They offer the gasket at a substantial discount over other FJ40 parts suppliers.

City Racer offers top notch service and products.

Great vendor, great parts.....even paying CA sales tax..... :mad:

It is the original and still functions well but seems like now is the time to replace since the entire exterior and interior is being repainted.

I installed the aftermarket gasket and noticed when I washed my rig water leaked in behind the dash. Efforts to make adjustments in the closing pressure of the damper didn't solve my issue. So, I ended up reinstalling the old OEM gasket and tested for water leakage. In my case the old gasket sealed better. I greatly appreciate Racer65's effort to offer a replacement. Just wanted to share my damper experience. I'd recommend you do a water test with the OEM vent seal(if not too far gone) and aftermarket.

I installed the aftermarket gasket and noticed when I washed my rig water leaked in behind the dash. Efforts to make adjustments in the closing pressure of the damper didn't solve my issue. So, I ended up reinstalling the old OEM gasket and tested for water leakage. In my case the old gasket sealed better. I greatly appreciate Racer65's effort to offer a replacement. Just wanted to share my damper experience. I'd recommend you do a water test with the OEM vent seal(if not too far gone) and aftermarket.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I don’t have any leaks now with the old original gasket. Maybe I should leave well enough alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom