FJ40 Cover - Best quality cover available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched the forum and came up with an answer for just about everything except exactly what I was looking for. Transmission covers, seat covers, etc... Looking for feedback on who sells the best weather proof/resistant vehicle cover for the FJ40 (I have a '79 if that matters)?

We don't have a garage and I'd like to prolong my FJ for as long as I can until we MAYBE get a covered spot for it.

Any help or feedback from others who have had a positive experience with a certain brand is greatly appreciated!

Keep in mind the cover is not FJ40 specific
I say that only because I have ran across more than one cruiser only site that feels because its a 40 they can charge $300-$450 for a cover. :rolleyes:

I bet a Jeep cover would be affordable and easily accessible. my .02

Last edited:
I suspect SOR (www.sor.com) could fix you up with a quality cover at a high price, with $hipping. I have heard that Jeep Wrangler covers are a bit too small to cover an FJ40, but it may be worth a try to save money.

covers are terrible for anything but keeping the sun from beating the paint.
just getting rained on, isnt going to cause it to turn to a pile of rust.

I'm curious, are you wanting a cover for when the top is on or when it's off?

I've had good success with jeep wrangler car covers. They are cheap. I had my fj40 under a car cover for years. It did a good job, wind eventually killed it. I've also used custom fj40 car covers from some custom car cover site which was nice a had different materials to choose from. Cool cruisers also has a cover.

If you can find one made of marine grade Sunbrella canvas it will last at least 10 years in the sun and rain. They guarantee it not to fade. I measured my '79 the other day to see how much Sunbrella at 60" wide it would take to cover it and it came out to 12 yards or more. The marine grade is virtually water-proof. Sunbrella is not cheap. Best price I found was $19 /yard, so buying the material alone would cost over $240. If you have an upholstery sewing machine and heavy duty poly thread you could make your own. In reality that's not too bad when you consider the cheap covers are probably $120 and they only last a year or two before they fall apart.

Have you tried Dirt Road Tops in Easley, SC? She makes tops for Marshall at Trollhole's and has made half and full covers too.

Have you tried Dirt Road Tops in Easley, SC? She makes tops for Marshall at Trollhole's and has made half and full covers too.
I ordered mine August 2021, 16 months ago. still have yet to receive it!!! she promised 6 or 7 months and keeps giving me many excuses why she is now a year or 2 behind in production... good luck with DRT.

I ordered mine August 2021, 16 months ago. still have yet to receive it!!! she promised 6 or 7 months and keeps giving me many excuses why she is now a year or 2 behind in production... good luck with DRT.
She's having trouble getting dependable labor in her area. Have you called Marshall?

She's having trouble getting dependable labor in her area. Have you called Marshall?

It seems to be an increasingly large problem these days. Employees are hard to find, skilled are even harder, and often don’t show up on time… or at all.

A lot of people complain about not finding good workers. Most likely the problem is they simply arent a good employer. Some employers don't pay much, and thus get the person they pay for or don't get anybody at all. If you pay well, and treat fair, people will knock down your door to work.

A lot of people complain about not finding good workers. Most likely the problem is they simply arent a good employer. Some employers don't pay much, and thus get the person they pay for or don't get anybody at all. If you pay well, and treat fair, people will knock down your door to work.

We’re finding in these parts that there are too few employees. A&W, McDonalds, and almost every other business in town are short staffed. Starting wage is $18 an hour and the latest generation just doesn’t bother showing up on time for shifts.

You can’t fire them because then you do you’ll have no employees.

We’re finding in these parts that there are too few employees. A&W, McDonalds, and almost every other business in town are short staffed. Starting wage is $18 an hour and the latest generation just doesn’t bother showing up on time for shifts.

You can’t fire them because then you do you’ll have no employees.
Dang

Hi, Dallas has tent and canvas shops they all will make a cover. Don’t know why the lady can’t find help,illegals are all over Texas.

I bought one from CCOT it fits great but honestly it is cheaply made. I am not very impressed by the quality. I was buying a few parts from them and decided to throw this in the cart because it was cheep. I made the mistake of opening one of the doors while it was on the fj40 and it ripped a hole in it. Now I have a piece of guerrilla tape on each side of the cover because the same thing happened on the other side when I had the top off and I did not want it to get rained on. I would say dont get the cheapest thing either. I think this will last a year but I will probably need to buy a new one at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom