FJ40 corner glass sizes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
Installing my corner glass and it looks like I have the wrong size. I noticed that their seems to be 3 different sizes, is this right? 65-71, 71-76, 76-84, correct?

Thanks,
Aaron

As I’ve discovered recently, the type of rubber gasket makes a difference also. I tried installing my glass
(which I thought was all from ‘73) with the newer 1 piece gasket and it didn’t work. Apparently I have glass from an older style top. So I bought the 2 piece rubber which I hope will work.

So older small glass needs the 2 piece rubber and the newer ones use a 1 piece gasket.

As I’ve discovered recently, the type of rubber gasket makes a difference also. I tried installing my glass
(which I thought was all from ‘73) with the newer 1 piece gasket and it didn’t work. Apparently I have glass from an older style top. So I bought the 2 piece rubber which I hope will work.

So older small glass needs the 2 piece rubber and the newer ones use a 1 piece gasket.
Yeah, I have a 72' and am using the 1 piece gasket/seal. I'll look at getting the the 2 piece gasket/seal and see if that's the cheaper way to go or the bigger glass.

Here’s my post from a a few days ago

ran in to the same issue when i bought my hardtop, was told it was a 72 and it had the 2 piece weather strip. Ordered the one piece from City Racer and that's when i found out it wouldn't work. Ordered the TrimLok one piece locking gasket from Amazon and worked fine.

ran in to the same issue when i bought my hardtop, was told it was a 72 and it had the 2 piece weather strip. Ordered the one piece from City Racer and that's when i found out it wouldn't work. Ordered the TrimLok one piece locking gasket from Amazon and worked fine.
Yeah, I think that's my exact issue as well. You have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom