SOLD FJ40 Complete Wiper Assembly - 1968-1974 - San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
I have (what I consider to be) a very complete FJ40 Wiper Assembly that should work for 1968-1974 depending on models, modifications, etc. Everything pictured is part of the sale. I have attempted to photo document and describe everything to the best of my knowledge.

Main Wiper Assembly was completely disassembled, degreased, housings striped, primed and painted. I even disassembled the primary contact and re-soldered it, which is a pain. The wiring is in good condition and is original. The connectors 9both male & female) are new since they were crusty and broken. All contacts were thoroughly cleaned prior to rebuild. Internals were reassembled using AeroShell 33 Grease t last another 50 years if need be. The original wiring harness was intact and the wire were good, just need new bullet connector ends. The auxiliary (room) light single wire is new. I will do my best to list everything that comes in the sale.

One (1) Main Wiper Assembly w/ Motor
One (1) Original Wiring Harness w/ Room Light Wire Lead
One (1) Room Light Wire to run power to your room light from the harness
One Set (Pair) of Wiper Pivot Pads (these are on "okay" condition, but can still be purchased from SOR.com
One Set (Pair) of Wiper Arms w/ the hard to fins thumb screws (wiper arms in "okay" condition)
One Set (Pair) of Wiper Nuts
One Set (Pair) of Wiper Pivot Nuts
One Set (Pair) of Wiper Pivot Washers
One Set (Pair) of Wiper Packing (rubber ring gaskets)
Nine (9) Wire Harness Clips (these sell for $5 each if you can find them)
Nine (9) Wire Harness Clip Screws
Four (4) Wiper Assembly Bolt Hardware
One (1) Contact Cover (Very Hard to find in good condition. This one is "useable")

My best guess-timate is that if you were to purchase all of these parts (if you can find them) you would be paying well over $700

$700

01a.jpg
01b.jpg
01c.jpg
01d.jpg

Last edited:
Good documentation, nice attention to detail. Definitely a few hours invested into that!

GLWS,
KevO

Last edited:
👍🏻

Goo documentation, nice attention to detail. Definitely a few hours invested into that!

GLWS,
KevO
Thanks Kev. About 60 hours total, but I honestly take my time, so it could be done in less. Getting all of the various parts takes longer than the rebuild. At this point it is like reassembling an AR-15. I can pretty much do it in my sleep. ;)

I would like to purchase all. Can you ship to Durango, CO? What would be total cost? Thanks. Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom