FJ40 Carburetor options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an FJ40 land cruiser that was made in April of 73' with an F engine. I have searched forever for carburetors, with no luck. The PO put a Chinese eBay carburetor on there for a 2F engine, but it isn't running well enough to be reliable, or fuel-efficient, not to mention lack of power. It also certainly doesn't help that the car was in a recent fire (oops). I do have the old carb for it, but it is too far gone for a rebuild. And of course, I misplaced the photo I took of the number tag on the old carb when I bought the truck. Does anyone know of any places where I can find a likely replacement for mine? Thanks!

Here's a fountain of cruiser knowledge and "carburetor buffet" merely a phone call away.:cheers:
1E9FFF65-64C1-4D65-9082-56B6851C744C.jpeg

Last edited:
Based on my experience, Check Spector off road for your carb reference. Then Get the factory carb for your exact model. Mark’s is great. THEN when you use the factory manual it’s simple to tune, fix, troubleshoot, etc. I have had the ridiculous Rochesters and the Webber’s, it’s so much easier just to have a factory carb that matches your truck. It’s never going to be super fuel efficient or super powerful so get a carb that makes sense. I was able to find the matching carbs for my 77, 73, 74, and 72. They are out there. There’s a carburetor rebuild shop here in Phoenix that does great work, I’m sure there’s a carb shop around you if you look around enough. call your local Toyota dealer and ask them where they have them rebuilt. Good luck!

Just seeing this. All taken care of? If not, and you still have questions, 818-953-9230.

2cents worth. I only found frustration with carbs, trollhole, OEM, Weber. I finally spent the money and bought a TBI snipper and I have been nothing but happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom