FJ40 bucket seat foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Getting ready to start rebuilding my bucket seats in my FJ40 that I'm doing a frame off resto on. I have a seat foam question.

Looking at Spector, they have 2 different kinds. I won't get to specific, but they have one that is $135 (each, for the base, 310-81D) and one that is $63 (each, for the base, 310-103A).

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat310c.tam?xax=9757

Man-a-fre has one kind, that is $24 (for the pair of bases, 99015)

http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/seatpadding.htm

Obviously the Man-a-fre foam looks more basic than the ones from Spector, but once a guy gets the covers on will I be able to tell?

Ok, has anyone seen all of these or tried some of them? Is my ass going to be able to tell the difference? I already got new seat covers from CCOT, and they are designed to fit the orginal foam.

Thanks, Matt

I have a SOR foam sitting around, its the cheaper of the 2 and for a fj45. All it is is a top and sides and the middle is empty, kinda hard to explain. I'm guessing the other high density foam is solid or something, not sure how the springs would work however

Landpimp,

When you say, "the other high density foam is solid or something", I'm assuming your refering to Man-a-fre's cheap stuff?

Did you think the cheaper stuff you got from SOR was worth it? Or would you opt to get the better stuff next time?

Thanks, Matt

no I was refering to SOA other stuff.

and my foam, is still sitting on the shelf....... ;)

[quote author=buckroseau link=board=1;threadid=10735;start=msg96492#msg96492 date=1075327720]
Landpimp,

When you say, "the other high density foam is solid or something", I'm assuming your refering to Man-a-fre's cheap stuff?

Did you think the cheaper stuff you got from SOR was worth it? Or would you opt to get the better stuff next time?

Thanks, Matt

[/quote]

reviving ancient thread.

does anyone have any expereince with the MAF seat foam? Particularly with the SOR seat covers? SOR appears to have discontinued the mid range seat foam for 73-78 and now only has the $150 seat foams. I'm just wondering how well the MAF seat foams will fill out the SOR seat covers I just ordered.

reviving ancient thread.

does anyone have any expereince with the MAF seat foam? Particularly with the SOR seat covers? SOR appears to have discontinued the mid range seat foam for 73-78 and now only has the $150 seat foams. I'm just wondering how well the MAF seat foams will fill out the SOR seat covers I just ordered.

I bought a set of the MAF foam. Don't waste your money. It isn't meant to replace the existing foam, its just sort of a "Tune up" for the original foam. It is a flat piece of foam that is supposed to cover the top of the old foam to make the seat covers tighter and the seats (maybe) a little firmer.

I bought a set then decided not to even use them. They're sitting in my basement, if you want them let me know and I'll make you a deal!

HTH...

I've got the SOR high-end foam seat bottom. Top quality stuff and very dense foam. Haven't installed it yet, but it appears to be better than the stock foam.

I picked up the cheaper seat foam from SOR for my driver's seat. At first I laughed because it's HUGE! Since it's not high density, it's a lot bigger than you would think. Anyway, I sucked it up and stuffed the foam inside my new SOR covers.....and voila! they actually look and feel great!.....once you get that foam squished in there.:)
My 74 FJ40 021.jpgsmaller.jpg

Nice looking rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom