FJ40 Brake line help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trippster

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello all, 1968 FJ40 Frame off, 90% complete.

Im installing 4 wheel disk brake system with new master cylinder and all new brake lines!

Do I need these junctions with my new brake lines or can I move forward without them??

Thank you All

Ben

8EE8ABE7-8377-4341-9F30-2B747C2461F2.jpeg

D026825C-FDB9-485A-B691-4EEF35DF3BE6.jpeg

Those are M9 sized junctions. You would probably want to upgrade to the M10 sized to keep all your lines the same. You can use them if you would like. IIRC, you will need a junction at the rear axle and at the front axle to split into each wheel. Again, you probably want M10 junctions.

Do NOT throw them away through, I would toss them up on classifieds since they are pretty unobtanium for someone restoring an older Fj40.

Your second picture hasn't loaded yet.

Thank you Sir, do you know where to purchase M10’s? My second question was referring to the junction pictures.

Great info, I appreciate it!

I used this for the rear axle off amazon. It fits the breather bolt.
1594923865436.png

For the front axle, You could probably use the same thing with a slightly different bracket. My front axle was a '76 and already had an M10 fitting.

I don't think its a damper, just a basic junction block. The protrusion could be needed from casting, or it could be used elsewhere and machined to add a fourth split off.

Thank you for the M10 junction info!
I did some research on proportioning valve as well and wasn’t sure to put one in? It wouldn’t hurt for sure but not sure it’s necessary, I’ve been getting different answers????? Crystal ball anyone???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom