FJ40 brake assistance needed in Birmingham, AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Threads
An acquaintance who lives in Birmingham, AL has an FJ40 which needs braking system attention. The Cruiser is a '73 with a MAF disc brake conversion, which was done several years ago, and IIRC retains the rear drums. Can anyone in the Birmingham area recommend a shop or mechanic who could work on this rig? Thanks.

He may desire to contact Melton Automotive in Alabaster, AL 205-663-6088. They specialize in Lexus and Toyota but will work on anything. Kevin is the advisor/writer and used to turn wrenches so he can communicate very well. Doug Melton is the owner, works on the cars and I understand he used to be the #1 guy at Hoover Toyota before going out on his own. While I have not used them for anything on my 40, they have done timing belts/water pump, etc on my 4Runner and came highly recommended from a friend that had the same done a few years back. They cheered the day I sold my wife's Exploder. They were awesome at diagnosing and repairing every new problem it developed for the last several months I owned it. I found them to be very competent, thorough, have great attention to detail and considerably less expensive than the stealer. The only downside is they are strictly 8-5 Mon-Fri.

Melton Automotive Incorporated - Alabaster, AL, 35007 - Citysearch

Henry Pate In T-Town; knows older Toyotas, himself has a FJ55........used to teach auto mechanics at one of the local colleges..........Henry's Auto care on McFarland/Hiway 82 west of I-205 556 8863......and works Saturdays till one usually till a lot later HTH;

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom