Fj40 Blower Fan Cage Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skreddy

SILVER Star
Threads
My 1970 FJ40 has an aftermarket blower fan motor and squirrel cage/blower fan. It’s output leaves a lot to be desired. I’m looking to see if anyone has the squirrel cage dimensions so I know what to look for. My current generic one is only 4” diameter and too short as well I’m pretty sure. The opening in the housing is nearly 5”. I’m assuming a bigger fan will move more volume.

This is for the early 70’s fan and the later (73/74 up?) won’t fit. I don’t want to modify the housing.
Anyone know the size, a vehicle to look for one off of, an upgraded fan, have a correct blower sitting around and realize it would look great in my cruiser, not your shelf…..
4B016857-BD63-4CED-B501-D4D16645C835.jpeg

The fan part number is 87105-20054 (fan only, not motor) NLA. Toyotapartsdeal showed it available so I ordered but got the expected email that it’s not available.

Last edited:
if buying a used squirrel cage, make sure it is from a 40, the 55's are dimensionally the same but the louvers are angled 180 the wrong way.
so it will spin but not move much air.
the motor in a 40 mounts on top
the motor for a 55 mounts underneath

I noticed that in the diagrams but wasn’t sure if they were ccw rotation or anything.

I`m pretty sure I have one from a 69 on the shelf. I think it just needs a new resistor. Let me take some pics and I'll post up later with dimensions, etc.

OK, dug it out. It's a little different that what's on my 69 currently, but very close. Mounting holes are shaped different but spaced the same. Has the gasket and the wiring harness but like I mentioned, the resistor is broken.

i-6JBKqbB-L.jpg

i-6sJW9cm-L.jpg

i-MPGBQD5-L.jpg
i-8bRLMxK-L.jpg

And here it is next to what's on my 69

i-6qJBQgW-XL.jpg

Part number on my 69 unit

i-gsd2Hbq-XL.jpg

My guess is the gray one was a replacement and black one came on my 40. It was it a box of spares when I bought it. They are both NipponDenso. I don't have a '69 parts manual to reference, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom