Wanted FJ40 BJ42 Safari Snorkel Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a Safari Snorkel shipping to Vancouver, Canada or Point Roberts, Washington

@cruiseroutfit Is that a passenger side snorkel?

Safari makes the single orientation, left side mounting. It is/has been mounted on many LHD and RHD variants in both B/F engine flavors.

1D0B78ED-F330-44F9-BCF3-19A30AB939D3.jpeg

Picked this up here a while back, decided to go a different route. Heavy gauge aluminum, hammered black finish, Donaldson top spin precleaner. Right side mount with template

C4EBEC95-C68A-429B-A4AE-C6100D2C6C6B.jpeg

Safari makes the single orientation, left side mounting. It is/has been mounted on many LHD and RHD variants in both B/F engine flavors.

View attachment 2149259
The airbox is on the other side for the lhd BJ4x models, is there a part with it that crosses the engine bay or do they only make them for the rhd models ?

The airbox is on the other side for the lhd BJ4x models, is there a part with it that crosses the engine bay or do they only make them for the rhd models ?

RHD BJ4x applications have a right side air box too. Safari Snorkel include a duct for hopping over/behind the motor. It’s not glamorous but they’ve been doing that for 30? years now. I suppose it’s all relative to the glamour of a Snorkel on a 40.

39859308-8504-4869-86A6-AB38100777D5.gif

RHD BJ4x applications have a right side air box too. Safari Snorkel include a duct for hopping over/behind the motor. It’s not glamorous but they’ve been doing that for 30? years now. I suppose it’s all relative to the glamour of a Snorkel on a 40.

View attachment 2149517

Cool I did not know that , when I was driving BJ40's 25 years ago all I could afford back then was the PVC home depot version ;)

If you are wanting a passenger side Safari snorkel, contact @YoYoHo. He imported some right hand snorkels from SA for diesels and has a few for sale. I think he's sending me one this week so I'll report back as soon as I have it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom