FJ40/BJ40 around DC over the holidays? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having still never even ridden in another 40 I think it would be cool to see the differences in upgrades, suspension etc.

would REALLY be curious to feel power steering on a 40.

Anyone want to escape family and talk cruisers for a bit this weekend?

if your willing to trek out of the city I'll meet ya.. I'm out in c'ville. If you want to compare 40's we'll have to go over to my garage.. otherwise i'll be in a diesel.
email or IM to wesintl@aol.com

Wes

i might be interested in joining in on the fun. about an hour and ahalf from DC. sorry no power steering but i do have alate model 40 (1982)

I'm in marshall, Va. about. like i said about 1.5hrs west of DC. i'm 5 minutes off of I66. Heres an idea, we could meet at 4x4 connection in winchester. or is that to far. i'm about 30-45 min. from them, never been though.

i am in frederick Md for work and will be up here for two more months. i wouldn't mind meeting and seeing other cruisers. i think i have got gas in marshall and a mom and pop store about a mile off 66. i think it was a exxon

Cruiserhead, was that you a while back that wanted to see the nardek carb run?winchester is a bit far for me and i'd end up making almost a day of it when it could be a day of wrenchin... and there is always wrenchin to be done. c'ville, leesburg seems to be a central local for all of us, sweetwater for a beverage...

Whatever works, i'd love to see a nice bj70, believe it or not never even seen one in real life, thats sad. and sorry i dont know anything a carb run? and also mwalls54, your right about the mom and pop exxon, those people are real nice have two cruisers actually, an 80 and 100. well you guys pick where you want to go and i'll try to be there. so what is it 3 or 4 people. question, what should i drive, i got a 40, 60, 80, 100 ????

What day are you guys thinking? Centerville or Leesburg is perfect for me. Does Sunday work?

Wesintl, I'm in a diesel too ;) BJ40.

my email is bence@aol.com. would be fun to see some classic cruisers.

Ben

Lets shoot for meeting at Sweetwaters in Leesburg at 2:00 on Sunday (1/4).

My cell is 202 321 3274.

Wesintl, are you the expert on the area you suggested? Why don't you post us a map or something?

2:00 sunday OK?

ehh.. i don't use no stinkin maps unless they are a topo. if you coming from marshall.. points west, take 66 east to 28 north and then rt 7 east and it's a mile or two in the right. if your coming from the city take toll rd to 7.. and it's way out ther on the left.. sunday it is.. i'll see if I can corral some club members as well.

got it. see you there. I'll look for cruisers or for cruiserheads at the bar ;)

what time will it be over. i am driving up from southwest virginia and will be coming in on 7 off of 81 and i could stop by to say hi. 2 is early for me but its also 3 days away so i might be able to make it.

I'm always late ;) I imagine we'll be doing some parking lot looking till at least 3 something...

[quote author=shameless link=board=1;threadid=9241;start=msg80497#msg80497 date=1072416584]
Having still never even ridden in another 40 I think it would be cool to see the differences in upgrades, suspension etc.

would REALLY be curious to feel power steering on a 40.

Anyone want to escape family and talk cruisers for a bit this weekend?
[/quote]

If you're still around, the local cruiser meeting (Captiol Land Cruisers) is wednesday night at 7. call me for details. Also, i'm around a lot. :beer: :beer:

202-903-9671

blumel

I'll be out of town starting on Wednesday, but will try to make it to one of these meetings. Had fun comparing BJ40 to BJ70 on Sunday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom