FJ40 Bilstein 5100 and 5150 shock part numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From the Bistein Catalog- :)

0-2” lift front
5100: 33-062518
5150: 25-186284

0-2” lift rear
5100: 33-185606
5150: 25-186291

4” lift front
5100: 33-185606
5150: 25-186291

4” lift rear
5100: 33-185552
5150: 25-101966

You sir, are my hero.

This thread could be added in FAQ, then I would suggest PN#s for stock rigs as well :beer:

This page at http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/bilstein_5125.cfm lists collapsed and extended lengths and maybe provides a few more options if you measure you compression and full droop lengths. Of course, it seems to me it makes most sense to just measure full compression length and get the longest one that will fit, maximizing extension. Seems like all the recommendations from earlier in the thread recommend 255/70 valving.

Per part numbers above, ordered the 5100 units for front. Truck has 0 lift, and upon install i had to compress these a couple of inches.
Does that seem right?
image.jpg

Anyone have a good source, price and helpful?

oh, just saw the link above....

Johnny I have the Man a Fre 4" Safari lift kit with reverse shackle setup, so I assume the 4" lift numbers?

I don't think blistein realizes that the early to 73' fj40 rear shocks are about 3" shorter than the 74" and up fj40s. There part numbers don't reflect that anyway.

Does anyone have a reply to the comment above? I have a 71 and am about to toss in an order......

Which comment? If you are asking which shocks to buy, your very best bet is to flex your suspension without shocks and measure both the compressed distance and extended distance. Second best would be to measure your static eye to eye distance and order a shock where that distance falls right in the middle of the compressed and extended length. You can use the shock warehouse link above to see the compressed and extended length of the shocks. With all the variables of different suspensions, both sagging stock springs and aftermarket lift springs, the only way to get a shock that works for you is to measure.

:cheers:

The comment directly above the comment I posted ;) Stating that the 73's and earlier may have 3" shorter struts than the later models.

image.jpeg
I don't think blistein realizes that the early to 73' fj40 rear shocks are about 3" shorter than the 74" and up fj40s. There part numbers don't reflect that anyway.

Ok, I think I am a victim of this. Ordered the shocks listed for my stock non-lifted 1970. I had to compress the rear quite a bit. I see the fronts listed are 4 inches shorter. I will order another front set And use for the rear.

Is the 5100 series the shock to use, '76 FJ40, 2.5" OME Dakars, most all off-road (dirt and mud)? What about the 4600?

Thanks

Those boots look just like mine - crappy at best . I can't believe Bilstein , given the expense/quality of the shocks have the worst boots ever...
Sarge

Sarge, you saying that shock is appropriate for my application and not compressed too much? I was going to get a shorter one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom