SOLD FJ40 Bestop Soft top - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oshndoc

Mostly stock 1978 FJ40
Threads
I have a one year old Bestop Soft Top for sale including all bows. I purchased this top new to be able to drive my FJ40 while I was restoring the hard top. That is now done and I will need this soft top any longer.
The truck is stored in a garage when not in use. The windows have some normal small scuff marks on them, nothing major and no yellowing or tears. On a 10 point scale I would give this top a solid 9.

I will include a new Velcro strip for the bottom of the back window and all the hardware I used to install the top.
This would be hard to ship due to the bulkiness of the bows, but will do at buyers expense.
I paid $350 for this a year ago, and am willing to let it go for $250.

I have two full size soft doors that are older and have some wear on them. The windows are clear, however one of them has a failing seam on it. I would sell those separately for $75 (plus shipping).

Top plus doors together I will take $300 plus shipping (prefer local pickup).

I can take pictures of doors. Top is already removed from the truck and stored rolled up in my shop.
Am willing to meet locally within about 75 miles from Oxford, MS.

Im in 34117. Any idea of shipping? For the whole thing.
I don't have a box yet for this, but dimensions will need to be be in the order of 48" x 36" x 10" to pack the bows and the doors.
Quick check from 38655 to 34117 with UPS is in the order of $175 for shipping ground. If you can find anything cheaper I am open for suggestions. This stuff is bulky but not heavy. Would guess between 15 to 20 lbs.

I have used them and have no complaints. We have one here too. Can you check and see what they would charge?

I have used them and have no complaints. We have one here too. Can you check and see what they would charge?
I will call them and see if I can get a price. Given the above dimensions.

PM sent

What would be the shipping cost to Puerto Rico (00795)? For the top and bows

Fernab
I honestly have no idea. The box would be 48" x 36" x 10". Weight including box, my guess, about 40-50 pounds. Maybe you can figure this one out? Would this be considered international shipping ? If so, customs might be another issue I really don't want to mess with.

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of the top and the frame.
Frame is straight, just looks a bit awkward sitting in the grass. It needs to be installed on the truck to sit straight.
upload_2017-9-6_9-42-43.png

upload_2017-9-6_9-43-3.png

upload_2017-9-6_9-44-5.png

Would the dimensions be the same without the doors?
Shipping to Puerto Rico is considered domestic shipping. I checked with UPS and the cost would be $500 and that's way too high. I'm very interested on only the top and bows. It's there any way of making it fit a smaller box? That way you could send it through USPS.

Regards,

Fernan

Would the dimensions be the same without the doors?
Shipping to Puerto Rico is considered domestic shipping. I checked with UPS and the cost would be $500 and that's way too high. I'm very interested on only the top and bows. It's there any way of making it fit a smaller box? That way you could send it through USPS.

Regards,

Fernan
Fernan, the box would still be 48" x 36" x 10". Do you have a Fastenal in Puerto Rico? If so maybe you can ask them for a quote? You would have to add a pallet to the shipping as they do not ship boxes by themselves. And if you want insurance from them, I would need to add $$ to purchase plywood to build a crate for the parts. Bulky stuff is not cheap to ship over long distances as volume is the driving multiplier in the cost and only secondary the weight of a parcel.

I searched. Yes we do have Fastenal, although I don't know how it works
Call them and ask them about a shipping quote from 38655 to your ZIP with the dimensions and weight I gave you. It will take a few hours but they should be able to provide you with a quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom