FJ40 Battery tray ?'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking on my parts manual at battery trays. The hold downs are busted on mine, and it is rusty/pealing.

It shows 2 avail: (prices from 1sttoyotaparts.com)
74403-60050 (fits N70Z battery) for 39.23
74403-60011 (fits N50 battery) for 31.43

I am not familiar with foriegn battery sizes....what would be the US equivelant?

I want one for a 27 size battery.

Also, did any 40's have dual batteries? did not see any in the parts cat. Maybe diesels?

Last edited:
clutch rod /bellhousing boot

When addressing my leaky clutch slave cylinder ,i also noticed the bellhousing boot is in POOR shape . Is this a toyota dealer item only ??? I am thinking of getting a new slave cyl from Marvin Crawlers ,made for Toyota in Japan @ $29,or get it all at ccot. Any other ideas here ??

Last edited:
Well, after an internet search to Aussy land, converting mm to inches, I discovered the N50 is a 24 series battery, and the N70Z is the 27 series battery.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what your asking but i bet a 27 would have fit in my 77 fj40. If your asking about hold downs don't buy the rubber/plastic at advance auto parts. Mine broke on street driving in about an hour. I'm pretty sure the diesels had 2 because they run off of 24volts.

This is the tray that the battery sits on, with the 2 threaded posts. The top cross piece is extra.

Did you ever find a batt tray? Wilson Restoration out of Cali. makes a double,that works with a stock motor,inline. I'm, looking for a batt tray,or atleast a good design that would fit undrhood with a v8. Did you see any in your quest? Also I have my stock one that I'm not going to use.

I bought the bigger one in my 1st post. I had fabbed/relocated the mount for it with the old tray, so all I had to do was swap the tray.

Mine is moved forward from stock on rt side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom