FJ40 Aux tank alternative from Summit Racing?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven’t, but I’d use CAD to see if a box
35x12x10 will fit in the space... if your cardboard box will fit, and there is space to route the fill tube that is aimed directly at the rear tire to somewhere useable, then you have a $300 15gal tank that could fit with $50-100 of extra hardware.

If you’re ok with reduced volume, there are several other tanks ‘heep’, S10, and otherwise that can do the job for $100-150... can’t say anything about quality, but they’d be new.

I’m very happy with the ‘Man-A-Free’ type tank in my rig, and if I was looking at $300+ for an OK tank, I’d splurge and spend $450 for one with 50% more volume from Mark or Jim. You’ll never regret having more range between fillups... never. You will regret not having enough range.

will 34" fit between the frame rails on a 40? mmmm.....have to check
Best make sure 38” will fit because of the filler routing.

Yep. The filler neck is the big question. The rest I can mock up with some cardboard. I'll keep you posted on what I find!

My first FJ had the Downey tank way back in 1989 and it was great! Wish I had kept that rig... lol!

B6A35799-1EF9-46BF-B962-8802088458D3.jpeg

S10 blazer

B8C16736-B563-4149-8F71-3E6218F4F1C6.jpeg

Heep
Fuel Tank - Auto Parts Warehouse

Last edited:
My only concerns with the Summit tank is room for exhaust routing, and the cost of mounting hardware and filler neck panel/cap/hose/hardware??? At the end of the day, after all expenses, the Summit might cost less than my Downey tank, but it also holds less and will no doubt require some manufacturing on your part???.

Yep. After all said and done, it’s probably as much or so close it’s not worth the fab work.

A brand new S10 blazer tank will cost around $100 AFTER all the hardware and whatnot it takes to get it mounted. Fits great behind the axle, or in front of the axle for those who have stretched their wheelbase. pretty cheap 20 gallon answer. ;)

Mark...

A brand new S10 blazer tank will cost around $100 AFTER all the hardware and whatnot it takes to get it mounted. Fits great behind the axle, or in front of the axle for those who have stretched their wheelbase. pretty cheap 20 gallon answer. ;)

Mark...

In front of the axle? Isn’t that where the driveshaft goes?

In front of the axle? Isn’t that where the driveshaft goes?

'round these parts thar's nuff altitude under da rig that the driveshaft neva gets high enough to hit dat tank!.. ;)

A bit more seriously, I kind of assumed that if you have the rear axle moved back much, you're probably running SOA and all that good stuff too. ;)

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom