FJ40, anyone running Metal Tech sliders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I ended up with a set of Metal-Tech Sliders for my 40. Looking for some pics to figure out placement. Does anyone run them? Any pics?

I google image searched it and only saw 2 and just wanted to compare some different set ups before I burn in some welds...

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I've been running them over 10+ years. They are removable with tubes welded to the frame and bolted flanges. I tipped the outside tubes up considerably for better rocker/door protection.

IMG_1201.JPG

Yes, I've been running them over 10+ years. They are removable with tubes welded to the frame and bolted flanges. I tipped the outside tubes up considerably for better rocker/door protection.

View attachment 1582714

Thanks for the pic!! Looks beefy! I can't really tell from the pictures. Did you put the wider end of the tube bump-outs towards the rear?

Might be an old style, I think they main tube is the same from and back. No section is wider

I have their 'deluxe' ones on my grey truck. I've seen the bumps outs toward the front and the back...personal preference. I have mine toward the front and they closely match the bottom width of my front fenders.

@S4Cruiser thanks. What are the black steel on bottom of the tub with bolts? Is that part of the metal tech slider?

Are yours welded on two places? How do they hold up

The black steel with the bolts is just angle iron. The rockers of this truck were decently bashed but not rusted. Instead of replacing, I cut a couple inches off and the angle covers the not so perfect parts that were left.

Yep, welded to the frame in two places on each side with the scallop plates that come with the kit. I haven't hit them on anything yet to say how well they'd hold up, but I'm guessing great. They are beefy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom