SOLD Fj40 air cleaner swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ907Warrior

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to see if there would be interest in trading air cleaners. Looking for a 73-75 with the bottom connect off the intake. Photos below.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the top half is the same on both, just the lower half is different.

What I'm looking for:
orca-image-1786630958.jpeg

orca-image-1186360551.jpeg

What I have:

orca-image--612302709.jpeg

orca-image-1466507228.jpeg

Let me know what you have, thanks!

Unless you’re trying to go for a resto on a’74, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. Toyota actually offered a cold-climate air cleaner. It has dual snorkels, and a sliding baffle.

Unless you’re trying to go for a resto on a’74, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. Toyota actually offered a cold-climate air cleaner. It has dual snorkels, and a sliding baffle.
Building a 72, but I wouldn't call it a 100% year correct build.

I'm looking for something, is a air cleaner that I can route to a snorkel without modifying (too much)
From the photos I've seen the product above looks like it has the ability to block engine bay air intake, and force intake from the pointed down lower "snorkel" intake.

I could modify my current air cleaner for my needs, but seems im pretty decent condition to just mutilate like that.

With that all said, is there a better option of a part I should be looking for vs what I have posted above?

Building a 72, but I wouldn't call it a 100% year correct build.

I'm looking for something, is a air cleaner that I can route to a snorkel without modifying (too much)
From the photos I've seen the product above looks like it has the ability to block engine bay air intake, and force intake from the pointed down lower "snorkel" intake.

I could modify my current air cleaner for my needs, but seems im pretty decent condition to just mutilate like that.

With that all said, is there a better option of a part I should be looking for vs what I have posted above?
IMO, for a snorkel you should rotate the can you have so that the inlet faces towards the cowl, drill four new holes to re-mount the can on the original bracket, and cut the lip off the inlet so you can slip an ABS boot over it.

I have seen it done cleanly, and think it is a much better option than trying to use an undersized inlet THAT FACES DOWN.

IMO, for a snorkel you should rotate the can you have so that the inlet faces towards the cowl, drill four new holes to re-mount the can on the original bracket, and cut the lip off the inlet so you can slip an ABS boot over it.

I have seen it done cleanly, and think it is a much better option than trying to use an undersized inlet THAT FACES DOWN.
Fair enough, appreciate the input @65swb45 I'll probably go that route then 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom