FJ40 advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can shoe horn it in to my garage but then I can not use the garage. It it just packed to tight. I would not park it on the street. It is to easy to steal. One jumper wire and the ignition is live. Roll it down the hill, pop the clutch and off it goes.
for $25 I got a club that hooks around the brake pedal and the steering wheel, It also fits through the handle of my bluetooth speaker when I park my truck with no top on.
62095724600__53148573-0618-4F06-9A87-2FC84E9C109B.jpeg

That is your insurance company "causing an issue" because you want a specific amount. My insurance will cover replacement with like vehicle... a few searches for "like kind" for my green FJ55 will make them fall over but that is the way it is.

2 minutes and pulling a coil means non-movable rig. :meh: I parked my stock FJ40 in an apartment parking lot in not great area of Sacramento... it never drove off without me.

Seems I remember not to look ago about a FJ40 that had been stolen in Northern California that I don't remember it being recovered. Other ones I remember being stolen over the years. A local club member's wife caught a tow truck trying to steal his 82 FJ40 from their driveway. Coil being removed wouldn't have helped in this case. No one can predict when and if someone is going to try and steal a vehicle.

You can remove the rotor from the distributor easier than the coil. This was a good way to keep drunks from trying to drive home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom