Wanted FJ40 Accelerator Spring (tension) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwags12

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
heritagecruisers.com
I'm looking for an Accelerator Spring for my Fj40 (1978). Any of you have any (new/used) you're willing to sell? The specific part I'm looking for is listed in the SOR diagram below as part #67. I believe its OEM part # is 90506-09005 which was discontinued a few years back. Let me know if you can help !

OEM part description is: SPRING, TENSION (FOR ACCELERATOR WIRE RETURN SPRING)
Screen shot 2011-03-21 at 10.04.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Please try again with Specter file.

I have #9, but not #67. Sorry

I'm looking for an Accelerator Spring for my Fj40 (1978). Any of you have any (new/used) you're willing to sell? The specific part I'm looking for is listed in the SOR diagram below as part #67. I believe its OEM part # is 90506-09005 which was discontinued a few years back. Let me know if you can help !

OEM part description is: SPRING, TENSION (FOR ACCELERATOR WIRE RETURN SPRING)
View attachment 503783
Did you ever find a solution or source here? There are so many dead ends when reading posts on MUD. I went to adjust my carb and ran into the exact same problem. The spring on my linkage does not have enough pull to bring the idle back all the way. I need to use my toe under pedal to bring idle down. All springs for throttle linkage are NLA.

#67 return spring, sub assy . is NO easy part to match or source aftermarket , i have been hunting for a OEM-Type Needed Parts solution for a good while now to offer up and Nota ......... :confused:

I ended up finding some OEM tension springs years after my initial post here. I think I have 2 or 3 extras from SOR. Send me a PM pls and give me some time to look through my storage. If I find them, will ship them out to you.

P.S. I was gonna say check with Matt but it looks like he's been looking for them too.

I ended up finding some OEM tension springs years after my initial post here. I think I have 2 or 3 extras from SOR. Send me a PM pls and give me some time to look through my storage. If I find them, will ship them out to you.

P.S. I was gonna say check with Matt but it looks like he's been looking for them too.
Thanks for your post. I’ll take one please. Just sent PM. These springs are essential to getting carb adjusted correctly. Hope @ToyotaMatt can find a longer term solution for others who will face the same challenge in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom