FJ40 9mm to 10mm conversion. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me start this post with I’m sorry. I’m just trying to make sure I don’t screw this up because I’m ballin on a budget here. To do the conversion I need to replace all of the wheel cylinders with 69 and newer cylinders and then use the more common 10mm fittings and line? Can I still use my old master cylinder? By old I mean I just bought it.

If going thru all the trouble of changing the stuff out, take the time and go with a dual circuit system.

Look for an adapter.

Maybe @Rainman knows of one.

I meant at the master, sorry I wasn't clear.

Most of the older Cruisers get changed out to the dual reservoir masters, if you break a line or hose, or blow a piston, you will still have brakes via the other circuit.

You'll also find most of us keep our Cruisers for a while, when we go through a system we do it with purpose, safety always being a concern on older rigs.

Ever since you're most likely stationed at Hood I'll assume you're an Army guy, check out the link to the Veterans thread in my signature line.

We might give you s*** about stuff, but we are here to help.

Most of the older Cruisers get changed out to the dual reservoir masters, if you break a line or hose, or blow a piston, you will still have brakes via the other circuit.

You'll also find most of us keep our Cruisers for a while, when we go through a system we do it with purpose, safety always being a concern on older rigs.

Ever since you're most likely stationed at Hood I'll assume you're an Army guy, check out the link to the Veterans thread in my signature line.

We might give you s*** about stuff, but we are here to help.
I’m familiar with how a dual reservoir system works, I’ve been a mechanic for over 20 years. I would love to keep this vehicle but it’s coming to an end because of the deployment. I’ve no problem with safety or upgrades but with a brand new master cylinder along with an entire system through to the brake pads being new, I don’t see an issue. I haven’t yet to hear if the parts I believe to be correct are, in fact, what I need. Thanks.

If you replace wheel cylinders, junction blocks and lines with all 10mm versions, then you are just left with the master as 9mm.

Can exchange the master and get a dual circuit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom