FJ40 - '72 Hard Top Fit on early '75? Doors too? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got an 1975 FJ40 - and the opportunity to buy a non-running '72 with a good hard top & doors. Anyone know if the top would fit - without much 'help'?

Thanks - appreciate the help!

Does your 75 have barn doors in the rear? If so, the hard top will fit without out any modification. If it is set up for ambulance doors, then you may have to drill some new holes in the hard top.
Does your 75 have barn doors in the rear? If so, the hard top will fit without out any modification. If it is set up for ambulance doors, then you may have to drill some new holes in the hard top.
The FJ40 has a tailgate - much like a standard pickup truck. The hardtop has what looks to be a liftgate.
Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated!

i have a 71 or 72 hard top sides on my 75, no issues...now i did want the lift the gate as im running a tailgate, and life is great.
Thanks for the quick reply! I had been told that the FJ40's had some type of model change half-way through the 1975 production year. Mine was made in June of '75... but I think I'll roll the dice.

Thanks for the quick reply! I had been told that the FJ40's had some type of model change half-way through the 1975 production year. Mine was made in June of '75... but I think I'll roll the dice.
nope, no mid year body change in 75.
the changes happened for the 1975 model year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom