Fj40 5.3l Vortec Drive By Wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone mounted a gm truck style drive by wire pedal in their Fj40 before? I have done a 05 5.3l vortec swap and have not found a good solution to mounting the dbw pedal with out it being crooked or having to cut the tunnel up. I am debating on making the tub narrower and adding to the floorboard or not. Any ideas appreciated.

I believe there is a conversion kit for replacing/eliminating the drive by wire, but I have no info on it.

This is what i did in my 70 series, mounted the pedal up side down on the fire wall in the middle and its operated by the toyota throttle cable. to keep it a bit higher in the cab, so when i do something stupid and the cab fulls up with water. its less likely to get wet , and i keep the high idle knob

Probably no good to you though, but its an idea
IMG_20200110_151711.jpg

IMG_20200110_151657.jpg

Cheers

Im assuming the Holden pedal is the same as what you have?
But this is how i mounted it in my 40 series, I had to slot one of the holes in the plastic and the holes lined up with holes on the fire wall, and i had to trim the rod and fabricate a new bit to bolt up . I would have welded it on but that might be asking for trouble
DSCN2748.JPG

Cheers

I believe there is a conversion kit for replacing/eliminating the drive by wire, but I have no info on it.
I have looked into it but I kind of enjoy the drive by wire and I already have the TAC module mounted and my PCM and do not want to take it back out to re-pin it. I need to find a different pedal looks like. one that curves toward the brake and not towards the tunnel.

Im assuming the Holden pedal is the same as what you have?
But this is how i mounted it in my 40 series, I had to slot one of the holes in the plastic and the holes lined up with holes on the fire wall, and i had to trim the rod and fabricate a new bit to bolt up . I would have welded it on but that might be asking for trouble
View attachment 2236430
Cheers
Nice! unfortunately mine is a left hand drive vehicle. I am jealous that yours is not!!

It takes only a small modification of the firewall to allow room for the GM DBW pedal and sender assembly.

ThrottlePedal.jpg

Use a corvette pedal. It is metal and you can cut and weld all you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom