FJ40/45 Who is this Overhead Console Manufacturer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevos37

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Picked this up in a trade. Looks commercially manufactured. Anybody have any clue? Conferr maybe... Does have a nice touch on the doors, they used glovebox "pocket " handles.

Thanks
KevO
16393643736296878322216404423293.jpg

That's pretty cool!

I have never seen one like that Kevin.

Well if you do not recognize it , it must be home/handmade. Whoever made it was a crafty individual. I guess a aftermarket company wouldn't go to the extent to buy Toyota glove box knobs to dress it out.

Thanks
KevO
16394536123081514686384198378841.jpg

Very common to see these in aussie rigs, I have seen a few and actually have one.They are all homemade as far as I know.

I don't know if this is going to work, but I found the overhead console in our 1989 Downey catalog, going to try to post it up here, but may come out too small ??? Looks like this fellow got one of those consoles, then added his own doors, our's did not have doors over the two openings.

thumbnail.jpeg

I don't know if this is going to work, but I found the overhead console in our 1989 Downey catalog, going to try to post it up here, but may come out too small ??? Looks like this fellow got one of those consoles, then added his own doors, our's did not have doors over the two openings.

View attachment 2871158
The one I bought from Kev is steel, but it looks the same. It looks like this one was fiberglass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom