SOLD FJ40 3/4 tub with rear doors and tire carrier, NM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an early (62) 3/4 40 series tub for sale, it has been repainted and there is some bondo in it but it looks to be in pretty good condition. I am asking 800 for the tub, comes with the rear doors and tire carrier.

Edit: I am referring to the 3/4 tub as the tub from the bottom of the A-pillar of the cowl back. The cowl that the tub is attached to is very beat up, so I will separate it cleanly such that it will be easy to bolt and weld back on a new cowl in the same manner as from the factory.

I will probably build a trailer with it eventually if it does not sell.

Located in Northern New Mexico.

FEFDCDEF-1E2E-44DB-BF6B-5222E75AE752.jpeg

EE755A6B-3BEA-4C85-96DE-2C7C7E6F2D59.jpeg

B95757EA-2A9F-4EDC-A812-76E7F2B246C5.jpeg

DF8780C9-FC1B-4803-B3F8-C94A81B4CE0E.jpeg

7C9E33A1-E7D7-4FA1-A7FF-B31B42A07076.jpeg

Last edited:
I have an early (62) 3/4 40 series tub for sale, it has been repainted and there is some bondo in it but it looks to be in pretty good condition. I am asking 800 for the tub, comes with the rear doors and tire carrier.

View attachment 3064055

View attachment 3064056

View attachment 3064057

View attachment 3064058

View attachment 3064059
Dumb question from the peanut gallery here, 3/4 tub is from the seam at the cowel/dash section rearward? Photos show it still attached to the cowel/dash. Not a buyer, just asking a question others may have.

Correct, I am referring to the 3/4 tub as the tub from the bottom of the A-pillar of the cowl back. The cowl that the tub is attached to is very beat up, so I will separate it cleanly such that it will be easy to bolt and weld back on a new cowl in the same manner as from the factory.

Dumb question from the peanut gallery here, 3/4 tub is from the seam at the cowel/dash section rearward? Photos show it still attached to the cowel/dash. Not a buyer, just asking a question others may have.

Last edited:
Saved for pictures

Saved for pictures

Thanks and agreed. It would make a cool trailer. It might happen if it doesn’t find a better home.

Edit: I am referring to the 3/4 tub as the tub from the bottom of the A-pillar of the cowl back. The cowl that the tub is attached to is very beat up, so I will separate it cleanly such that it will be easy to bolt and weld back on a new cowl in the same manner as from the factory.

View attachment 3064055

View attachment 3064056

View attachment 3064057

View attachment 3064058

View attachment 3064059
Hi Would you sell the spare tire carrier? Thanks Bic

Hi Would you sell the spare tire carrier? Thanks Bic
Thanks for asking but at the moment I not interested in parting out.

@ob one
I have not compared the mounting locations on the tub and frame before between a 62 and 73, so I don’t know. The “B” post top pillars will need caps added to work with the 73. This tub originally had the higher “B” post pillars that have been cut off.

Maybe another knowledgeable member will share an answer to your question.

The floor changed 9/72. This included the transmission cover. Gas tank opening in different. 73 had a door while earlier. Fuel tank was larger on the earlier one. 73 had bucket seats. 63 had 40/60 bench seat with a tool box under the left hand seat. Seat mounted to the tool box.

@ob one based on what @Living in the Past shared if the early tub bolts to your frame you would have to alter or reconfigure your interior to fit the early model 40.

Bump

Hello tank 5 is this tub still available?
I local member is coming to look at it this weekend and one other member who is interested if it doesn’t sell. I will let you know if it does not sell to one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom