SOLD Fj40 2F Carburetor and Full throttle switch - Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
Threads
Complete 2F carburetor. Carb tested on my truck before removal and requires nothing. Yellow zinc is in nice shape, no rebuild necessary at this time. Ready to run.

$300 shipped or local pickup in Nampa, Idaho.

2UU655sh.jpg

Y5eBFoCh.jpg

l09i4Ewh.jpg

kmPBmGZh.jpg

dNVdGpuh.jpg

F9GwVilh.jpg

tjn4PgAh.jpg

Last edited:
How many vacuum ports next to the idle mixture screw. I have a hunch this may be a composite carburetor.

How many vacuum ports next to the idle mixture screw. I have a hunch this may be a composite carburetor.
3 total. I agree with you - the top hat doesn't match the year and neither does the lower.

Sidenote - do you have a 79-84 Fj40 trans crossmember/L brackets?

Last edited:
So… This is not a match for my 87 FJ60 then?
It will work yes - but it isn’t identical to a
80-87 2F carb. Either way the egr port would need to be capped. Otherwise it will bolt down and connect to your linkage no problem. Depending on your smog situation certain things might need changing.

Thank you. I was mainly looking for one that had been rebuilt, or for a place that would rebuild mine, not neccisarily in that order. I have two 60’s right now, and it would be best if the parts were interchangeable as they are now. My problem was that it runs fine, but is hard to start when cold (Requires pumping the accelerator 10 to 12 times) was this carb working well when you removed it? It seems a bit expensive if it is just for a core? in any event, I am just starting to look for the best solution in order drive it daily this winter, but will let you know as soon as I know. Thanks again!

Thank you. I was mainly looking for one that had been rebuilt, or for a place that would rebuild mine, not neccisarily in that order. I have two 60’s right now, and it would be best if the parts were interchangeable as they are now. My problem was that it runs fine, but is hard to start when cold (Requires pumping the accelerator 10 to 12 times) was this carb working well when you removed it? It seems a bit expensive if it is just for a core? in any event, I am just starting to look for the best solution in order drive it daily this winter, but will let you know as soon as I know. Thanks again!
BTW I am in Kansas. The 87 is desmogged, the 86 is not.

I am still rebuilding Landcruiser carburetors if you want to send yours to me. Per my signature line, you can call me at the shop to follow up.

www.marksoffroad.net

Back to the original purpose of this FOR SALE thread, I would offer my opinion that most of this carburetor is from a 1978. That little hole in the accelerator pump arm was added that year for an auxiliary return spring. This fits with the three vacuum ports on the throttle body.

Hth Nathan.😊

I am still rebuilding Landcruiser carburetors if you want to send yours to me. Per my signature line, you can call me at the shop to follow up.

www.marksoffroad.net

Back to the original purpose of this FOR SALE thread, I would offer my opinion that most of this carburetor is from a 1978. That little hole in the accelerator pump arm was added that year for an auxiliary return spring. This fits with the three vacuum ports on the throttle body.

Hth Nathan.😊
Thanks Mark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom