FJ40 - 1F - Not able to identify uncapped lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a recent new owner of 9/69 FJ40, with what I believe has a 10/72 or 11/72 engine based on the stamped number. I am having a hard time identifying what the two lines are (circled in black below). I pulled this imagine below from online which looks to be for a oil filer setup. The PO had left them uncapped in my situation. The engine appears to be de-smoged and currently has a weber carb. Thanks in advance for all the help and apologies if this is super obvious.
3E5201A5-4B4F-48B9-98E4-FD69FD661194_1_201_a.jpeg

Those are indeed oil lines, to and from an oil filter, which would have been mounted on your intake manifold in stock configuration.

I'd bet that the engine is original, or older, based on the intake manifold's combined intake ports for two cylinders.

Welcome to Mud.

@Mantz15
"I pulled this imagine below from online which looks to be for a oil filer setup. The PO had left them uncapped in my situation."
So, the picture is NOT of your engine, but one you pulled off the internet?

If so, it's not possible to accurately identify your uncapped lines. If they are oil lines, you'll be squirting oil all over if you crank the engine with oil in the crankcase.

Really appreciate all the help, correct the picture was from the internet - however its is the same configuration of the line set up that I have as I am not able to get actual pictures for the next few days the FJ40 is currently in storage. The engine number is F 413xx which based on the charts dates to around 9/72 - 11/72. There is no oil leaking or squirting. I almost certain the current configuration is included below. I am just stumped on what set up would have had these lines in a stock configuration as my block dates to 9/72 - 11/72 and has these lines still in tacked. I am assuming they can be removed if they are not being used? Thanks again and appreciate all the help. I will post actual pictures very soon, just trying to get a head of it as I plan to do some clean up work later in the week.
026J.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom