Fj40 1983 Fuel tank air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1983 General Counties OEM cap: . Worth a try at $18. Looks like it also covers USA models from 08/80 through 12/89 for FJ40, 60 and 62.

There is a fuel return line to the fuel tank on the parts diagrams but I cannot tell where it comes from. I don't see anything obvious around the fuel pump and filter other than one unidentified nipple on the fuel pump.

It would help if you told us what problem you are having and what country the FJ40 is from.

Last edited:
i would start with this do not overthink this issue :

this is a 1983 FJ40 ONE WAY FACTORT Vented IN type cap

LINK :

install this and will allow air in to replace fuel bottom line ....
thanks

s-l1600.jpg

ebay148878863024632.jpg
Thanks very much. What is the TOYOTA Part Number ?

Thanks very much. What is the TOYOTA Part Number ?

Happy Holiday Aijaz ... :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

- a FEW words of wisdom first Please allow me to make you aware of : I have Been personally Scammed and Screwed by ToyotaPartsDeal.com in the past , i would encourage you NOT to fall for there flip flop inflated shipping rates game ......

thats my experience and i got my feelings hurt in the process too .........bottom line

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

now ..

on to you and your 83 Fuel cap needs and better topics .......:)

here is the LINK to our online parts store family run ,. this IS the correct OEM toyota one way VENTED INWARD ONLY fuel cap u need .........

for a Gasoline ENGINE ONLY

- IF ..........? 🤔

you have a DIESEL 1983 ? then here is the link for that CORRECT part for u

let me know how i can further help please

thanks
matt

(1) - Copy - Copy.png

12100.jpg

DSC_0207_035.JPG

Last edited:
"a FEW words of wisdom first Please allow me to make you aware of : I have Been personally Scammed and Screwed by ToyotaPartsDeal.com in the past , i would encourage you NOT to fall for there flip flop inflated shipping rates game ......

thats my experience and i got my feelings hurt in the process too .........bottom line"

Since @ToyotaMatt doesn't like the above parts place, how about McGeorge Toyota? Still less than $18 and they don't hide the part numbers. I've never had a problem with either vendor and shipping prices are reasonable from both. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom