FJ40 - 1982 Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I am a new owner of a 1982 FJ40 and want to replace the Meter Gauge Cluster.

Is part 83100-60180 the correct one?

Appreciate your help.

When I run 83100-60180 it shows valid for 01/75 through 06/80 so I don't think it's the correct one for a 1982. Of course it might work?

Unfortunately I don't see the part number for the entire cluster when I look up a 1982 General Country FJ40. I only see the individual part numbers. Not sure why.

So here are photos of the cluster you referenced: 83100-60180 and it is definitely different than the cluster in my 1983 FJ45 Troopy (last photo). I was able to pull the Troopy cluster far enough out to get the number off the top and it's 83100-60181. Unfortunately I cannot get that number to show up in any parts search. All the diagrams I can find for 1980-84 FJ40s or 45s only show numbers for the individual parts and not the entire cluster.

Maybe @OGBeno or @cruiserdan can provide more information.

17B10600-8C9D-4A83-9649-5ABFEA7834A9.jpeg

CFCF021E-E681-4E78-8924-EECACA985907.jpeg

F00B4C61-37D7-4F2D-B1EB-2076589A7A87.jpeg

Just about any cluster or gauge question likely has an answer here in this thread:

I think the number is :83100-60173 however it didn't come up on Toyota parts deal.

You can find the part number if you take the screws out of the cluster and lean it forward a little they are right on top.

Out of curiosity why do you want to replace it? Is it not working or rusted or both?

I think the number is :83100-60173 however it didn't come up on Toyota parts deal.

You can find the part number if you take the screws out of the cluster and lean it forward a little they are right on top.

Out of curiosity why do you want to replace it? Is it not working or rusted or both?
I don't think that is a good number. Remember he is in Saudi Arabia as well so it will be a General Countries gauge.

Ah I didn't see the Saudi part yes then all of these should work. 82 probably had a 6 digit odometer but that is probably a minor difference.

Ah I didn't see the Saudi part yes then all of these should work. 82 probably had a 6 digit odometer but that is probably a minor difference.
He isn’t looking for one that works. He’s looking for the correct one. The one that I posted a photo of from my Saudi ‘83 Troopy.

Just for posterity sake, I did a bit more research between a Saudi spec (General Countries) 83100-60180 and the one specified for an '82 Saudi spec (General Countries) cluster (which doesn't show a "cluster" part number on the diagrams).

The following parts interchange with the same part number:

- All the gauges except the speedometer (oil pressure, fuel level, water temp, and ammeter)​
- The circuit plate​
- The bulbs and bulb sockets​

So basically everything has the same part number except the speedometer, case, inner cover and outer cover (Toyota calls these covers "case, combination meter" and "case, combination meter 1"). Side by side the outer metal covers look identical and I think they will interchange even though they have different part numbers. The inner cover has different words/symbols for the gauges so it won't interchange assuming you want to keep the correct "look" of the cluster. No idea about the case. Maybe the speedometers mount differently? Hard to believe they wouldn't be close given that the circuit plates and all the other gauges are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom