SOLD FJ40 - 1977 - Key Ignition Cylinder - no retailers please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just checking in with fellow Mudders. Anyone have a key cylinder with a key for a '77 FJ40?

Please no resellers or retailers. I can find many 'retail' options for $250-300. Same as any retail part on the market, always more expensive than the community.

Thanks in advance!

He was about the only one that was a "retailer". You could have just kept on with your other thread instead of opening another one.

He was about the only one that was a "retailer". You could have just kept on with your other thread instead of opening another one.

Yea I wish I could delete his response. As I asked, no retailers please. The dozen or so images pasted to the response made it difficult to scroll. For some of us on our phones, it really makes it hard to see the potential responses. If he had simply posted a URL saying "hey I'm a retailer but I really think this is your best options," I would have kept to the previous post. Does that makes sense?

Last edited:
I understand, don't hold it against Matt he loves to post pictures of his products. It bridges on the old saying ... be careful with your wish for you may get it. Matt provides a valuable service for ih8mud, by providing quality parts. Granted the parts aren't going to be cheap. But he puts a lot of time and effort into them to make them perfect. His stuff is Top Shelf. When customers are looking to do a period restoration and they want to be correct, Matt is the guy they go to. But calling his response to you spam is bordering on a insult. If you had known that Matt was the switch and and lock key guru for mud, you would have went to him first.

I appreciate that and no insult intended. I simply had a hard time reading the response and hoped that the 'no retailers' comment would suffice. If Matt is reading this, thanks (again!) for the info. And I can appreciate the restoration level parts. Perhaps if my latest 40 wasn't a rust bucket I'd be interested.

And now that I sound like a total jerk! Anyone have a cheap key cylinder? Ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom