FJ40 1974 Electrical Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KWA

Threads
Where do you folks buy FJ40 electrical parts.

Wires, connectors, terminals, etc.

Is he still in business?

Okay,
Wasn't sure if he was still in business.
Tried the email on his website a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten a response.
I'll give it some time.

Corsa-Technic sells the hard to find interlocking ring terminals.

1616700774273.png

Okay,
Wasn't sure if he was still in business.
Tried the email on his website a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten a response.
I'll give it some time.
I made an order recently. Seems he was busy with his life beginning of March and now he is unstacking emails and preparing orders. My order was sent less than a week ago.
This is not his main job so he probably gets a limited time to spend on it. Maybe send a little bump to your original email to signal you are still interested and be sure it did not got lost.

Sounds good. I'll give it some time.

Thank you,

I will look at those.

Does anyone know what gauge wire is in the rear harness of a 1974 Fj40?

Wires for the tail lights and side marker light.

Stock was 18 ga. Most of us use 16 ga GXL,. which conducts better and is better insulation than stock.

By the way, don't cheap out on a crimper.

What type of crimper would you recommend?

@KWA

I bought this one on Amazon:

IWISS 5 interchangeable Jaws Crimping tool kit​

Amazon product ASIN B0195VXA10
The open barrel connectors use the A03BC dies as shown on one of the images. If you could get a Klein with the correct dies, that might be better. A lot depends upon how well the dies are polished, and how thick the connector brass is.

This has been okay, but marginal for 10 - 12 gauge wires, since the connectors take a lot of effort to crimp.

My '73 FJ40 uses bullet connectors for all of the lights, I'm not sure what your '74 has.

In any event, this crimper crimps both the wire crimp and the insulator crimp simultaneously. Some of the beaver crimpers it appears to be a two stage process.

Order extra terminals to practice with.

@Coolerman has the best deal on wire.

If you can't get an order in from him, my son surprised me with a birthday present of a bunch of wires from this place: Harley Stripe Automotive Wire - 540 Colors Available - Custom Len - https://4rcustomswire.com/ I used the 16 ga. GXL wire for all the wiring harness replacements for the rear harness and the front under the hood harness.

Yes, my 1974 used bullet connectors for the lights.

Great information. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom