FJ35 Info: (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay guys, I'm gonna start collecting all of the info I can on the FJ35 wagon.
If you've got ANYTHING (pics, brochures, info) on the 35, please post it here - even if it's been posted somewhere else before. Gonna start working on the rear of the LV soon, and also the cargo glass bars. I know there are some good shots of the cargo bars in the FJ28 somewhere - I imagine they're the same as the 35. Thanks.

IMG_20190308_112523.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget about this thread Mike. Thanks

Here is some interesting stuff. First off, I can only find two pics of the FJ35. One from the anniversary book (I need a better scan if anyone has the book ;) ) and the FJ35 sales literature (also need a scan if someone has it ;) ).

The two tone seems to be reversed on both pics, maybe stock that way? The lit picture is an artist's rendering as far as I can tell so some of it we can probably ignore. If you look at the real 35 pic, the rims are 16" split like the 25s I think. Also the gas cap is the larger FJ25 style. There are no fender mounted turn signals on the 35 (unless those aren't mirrors on the fenders), and the front bumper appears to be an FJ25 style bumper as well.
fj35v_1.jpg
fj35v_2.jpg

Last edited:
i can see the turn signals from here :| :D

and gifu mud flaps. I have seen the molds :D

The Fj28v and Fj35v did not have fender mounted turn signals but the Fj43v and Fj45v did. however, the only know pic of the Fj28v had fender mounted turn siganls. :confused:

I added some of the 35 stuff...

http://www.root45.com/history4.html
fj28lv.jpg
early_jp_brochure-1-3-fj28.jpg

Last edited:
The rear wheel cut out threw me for a loop until I realized the brochure pic was just a concept painting.

I sure hope so ;) Terry is heading that up and the last time I spoke with him, he needed to sell the 45 to make room for the oven. I'll have to call him and get an update.

treerootCO said:
One from the anniversary book (I need a better scan if anyone has the book ;) ) .
heck mike...all you gotta do is ask.. ;) i've got it.

Judging by the rising sun thread the other day I thought you were mad at me. You said something to the effect that the seller should not seperate the "rare" parts before he put the truck on eBay. I really enjoy buying "rare" parts. Oh well....once you find out where I am going today I know you'll be pissed :D

Landpimp said:
are you saying repro's may be coming? :)

Yeah Babay! I was looking into doing this, but I've got a FULL plate already.
I will definately be getting a couple sets. Keep us updated Mike.

do you have a set we can make molds from? The originals were sent back some time ago and I know Terry was concerned that one of the molds had a depression in it.

No, but I do know where a brand spankin' new pair is. I'll make a phone call.

Nope. Just want to check with this guy before I say anything. I'm not sure whether or not he'd be willing to give them up. Where will the molds be made?
About how long would the mud flaps be gone?

"he" was willing at one time, not long ago. Someone in the past has made repro's.....but I don't know who it was.

I had an idea for Repro mud flaps, not just the Gifu Body, there are places that make custom moulded mud flaps for big rigs, which means they are set up to do this kinda stuff, I would only use a local outfit(which there is not one by me) to do it.

Land Cruiser Junky said:
Nope. Just want to check with this guy before I say anything. I'm not sure whether or not he'd be willing to give them up. Where will the molds be made?

Land Cruiser Junky said:

Made the call today. He said he'd let us make molds from them but would like to know where they will be going, who will be handling them, and how long they'll be gone. Let me know Mike.

Gene-
Dust off the babblefish translator and check out the bottom of this page:
http://www.hokkaido-nomad.co.jp/russia_section/out/index4_info_03clm01.html

My take is the Mitsubishi was the short wheelbase picture and the "FJ25" was the long wheelbase picture, dated 1957. :D

Dig around, find an address, and send them a mail, I usually at least get a response when I try that.
clm_shibetya__002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom