For Sale FJ28 Pickup on bringatrailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
Very interesting to see what this brings. Probably won’t meet reserve. Is this a house of cruisers truck?

the bed sure is different. Its all one piece to cab so it probably wasn't locally made. has a cool desert racing look to it

I forget if GIFU did the bodies or not? (my gut and memory thinks they did)

the 45LV's are nice in the legroom/elbow department for sure, only thing I have ever owned I have to bring the seat forward

Our understanding is that they were built locally using cab-chassis 28s. I know of at least 3 of them.

Love it. Looks like a serious restoration. My model variance curiosity is peaked. This is essentially a fixed top, but it has a windshield hinge. And it’s three years older than my fixed top 45 that has a fixed windshield. Do the roofs on these 28’s easily pop off to <sort of> take advantage of the folding windshield?

Yeah the hinged windshield on the fixed top is odd! Probably easier for them to purchase the cab-chassis that way though before the rest of it was built locally? Looks like just an FJ25 soft top front end

Looks like it’s from a company called blaubach motors. Haven’t heard of them

1591374295188.png

Looks like a very nice early cruiser. Would have to check but thought front diffs had a removable cover like the semi floating rear axle. Curious about the hard door windows. Opening looks like the FJ25 FHT and early FJ40 FHT. Those had a funky system to raise and lower the window. This looks more like the system used on FST doors.

Didn't meet reserve at $39k and change... I would imagine not even close to reserve at that price. I don't think I've ever seen a very good auction on bringatrailer for a cruiser really. Looks like a nice restoration hope it ends up in good hands.

This really nice low mile FST didn’t meet reserve today either.

Last edited:
Spoke to the seller of this truck today for a bit just out of curiosity more than anything as a fellow 28 owner. Seems like a good guy and a big cruiser fanatic like all of us. He does still have it for sale but I think he is wisely going to wait until he can take it to a proper auction like Sotheby’s somewhere. If anybody was interested in it I can put you in touch with him.

He's a vaccine and econonomic recovery away from getting a good price for it.
This is a poor time to put something like this on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom