FJ25 & Very early FJ40 Front Bumper “group buy” - Gauging Interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
I finally found an FJ25 front bumper for my FJ28 build, but prior to finding one I had been discussing fabricating one with a few different places. I believe there is some demand from others doing builds to have some made so I wanted to gauge interest to see how many could use one. It sounds like they'll probably run about $300 each unfinished bare metal (same thickness as the 40 series would be the goal) with factory hole locations, would just ship to everyone and let them paint/powdercoat on their own since I imagine most will want to make sure it matches their body. Shipping could be significant (probably $75-150 depending on location) since these are big and bulky, and I'll have to somehow find cardboard that will work for it. Obviously would try to ship it as affordably as possible. Local pickup would be great.

I've done this before with other items so just to be clear I am NOT a vendor and will NOT be making a dime on this I'm just trying to help out other cruiser addicts that have a need for these parts. And its not something that will probably happen quickly either, expect a few months anyway before we have some ready to ship. I won't ask for any money from anybody until we have them in-hand and ready to ship. So please be understanding. I know these bumpers have been a "group-buy false-start" a few times on this forum but I promise to do my best to see this one through.

Please tag anybody that you think could use one, and let me know how many you'd like if you need one.
@Indygbd @tahoe40/45 @whitey45 @pardion @Living in the Past @mmcinnis @Land Cruiser Junky @Splangy @Bear @Cruiser_Nerd

Last edited:
Thank-you, I won't need one, but great to see you take this project on !

I’ll take two if they’re a good reproduction.

more importantly, what are you doing for a rear bumper? Is it the same as a 45LV rear bumper? I’m also looking for a 45LV unicorn rear bumper.

Last edited:
I’ll take two if they’re a good reproduction.

more importantly, what are you doing for a rear bumper? Is it the same as a 45LV rear bumper? I’m also looking for a 45LV unicorn rear bumper.
I’m probably going to make a rear bumper almost identical to the one I had made for my LV. Not sure about the size though the 28 i believe is a little narrower? When I get to that point I’ll certainly let you know. The one for my LV was modeled after @tahoe40/45 rear bumper, you can check out photos in the link to my LV in my signature.

I Would take 4 if the are good qty

Plan is to get one made hopefully before the end of this year, post photos and pricing and see who wants one. They shouldn’t be too hard to make, but want to let everyone have a look first of course.

Umm, my guy hasn't produced them yet. May be interested in 4. Depending on price.
Mike

Question, did the 1962 FJ40 FST have this style of bumper!? If so, I am in.

Hard to tell from these pics of 1962 hard and soft tops, but maybe?
Screenshot_20201019-140201_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201019-140147_Gallery.jpg

61 had the early bumper. Some of the had 62 also. But not all of them. I have an early 62 and I have the later bumper. Didn’t look like it was replaced but might be.
I learned the triangular brackets tell which bumper you should have had. I have the later brackets. It is in a thread somewhere. Will see if I can find it.
@Living in the Past will know.

61 had the early bumper. Some of the had 62 also. But not all of them. I have an early 62 and I have the later bumper. Didn’t look like it was replaced but might be.
I learned the triangular brackets tell which bumper you should have had. I have the later brackets. It is in a thread somewhere. Will see if I can find it.
@Living in the Past will know.

When the bumper changed the gusset was added to the side of the frame. Rivets are used to attach the gusset. The earlier had a shorter triangular plate on top. Bottom was much smaller triangular plate. It was just a flat piece of metal. The top piece by the way it was stamped to increase the height of the bumper at least added some strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom