FJ25 or FJ40 Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to decide which seat covers to get to recover my seats.

SOR list seat covers for FJ25 - 62 and FJ40 covers from 63, yet their writeup states that it fits 58-.

With my 61 I am kind of stuck in the middle.

Just broke them down to get blasted (what a mess with the horsehair). I noticed there is a metal screen that sits on top of the springs (little chain link looking setup) that is completely rusted on mine. Do I still need to use it to support the new foam padding?

Finally, what is the correct color for the seat frames? I have seen black and a silver color.

My guess is the chain like material is needed. The padding in the earlier years is thinner than the later 40s. The seat frame changed in 1964 when the tool box changed,I thik that when the padding got thicker. The orginal seat covers where red not grey like SOR also didn't have all the ribs. FJ25s and the 1961 FJ40 had the seat frame painted to match the vehicle.

Here's a link to a tread on the SOR seat covers. Not original but nice looking covers

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=46314&highlight=seat+covers

John

Got it on the link material. I will have to come up with something to replace it on mine.

Read Foxfab's writeup. They look good. Not real concerned on the original color.

So I would assume that I would need to use the FJ25 covers that SOR carries? I noticed in the Foxfab's writeup that the seats attach to the frames with screws. I have to check my frames again, but I did not see any threaded holes towards the inside edge of the frame.

Seat frame is body color? Great, now I have to decide wht color I am going to paint it. i found evidence of red or green throughout the body. I was almost dead set on painting it Dune Beige. I know it is probably not correct but a classic color anyway.

Well I just went out and rechecked my seat frames and it seems that I do have the early (FJ25) style with the holes for the seats to attach.

I, of course, am missing the upholstery attaching hardware. Is there a specific application for the screws that hold the seats to the frames.

Thanks

They use a sheet metal type screw with a washer. I will check my 25 parts book and I do have some 40 jump seats here in town. I will try and post some pictures later today.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom